The Never Ending Fabric Project

mpizzazz

The Never Ending Fabric Project

Post by mpizzazz »

In the early 2000s, a friend and I decided to buy fabrics, share with each other and eventually each make something from them. Eventually has finally come, we stopped sending fabrics about 2 years ago. Here is my wall hanging finished yesterday. We haven't shown them to each other yet as she hates hers and is rethinking it. I am very glad to be finished and I do like mine.
We have both agreed that we would not buy these fabrics if we were doing the shopping now. It's like scrapping supplies, make something with the fabric while you still love it, don't hoard it!
Attachments
Fractured Curves web.jpg
Fractured Curves web.jpg (233.46 KiB) Viewed 433 times
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pat-czap

Re: The Never Ending Fabric Project

Post by pat-czap »

That's a very wise thing to say...use it, don't hoard it.

I do like your finished piece! Sorry your friend is not happy with hers...
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

This is wonderful Marianne! Yes, what we liked 15 years ago may not be our favorites today. However your hanging is timeless and shows off your creativity. I bet your friend's piece is fine. Hope you get to see hers at some point.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Beautiful, Marianne! Little by little, I'm cleaning things out and I've gotten much better about using (or tossing, or donating), instead of hoarding.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:This is wonderful Marianne! Yes, what we liked 15 years ago may not be our favorites today. However your hanging is timeless and shows off your creativity. I bet your friend's piece is fine. Hope you get to see hers at some point.

I told my friend, I wouldn't show her mine if she didn't show me hers. She's threatening to put it in the Goodwill box! I'm sure it is fine, too.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Love this Marianne! I'm also sorry your friend isn't happy with her piece. But yours turned out great.

Sometimes hoarding works, and sometimes it doesn't. I hoard paper, but that works in my favor - I get great joy out of rediscovering old stash, and I still love much of what I bought 10+ years ago. I'm actually making more of an effort to use the massive amounts of Creative Memories papers I have stashed away, for example. But the hardest thing about those, is that they're all 12x11.5, and sometimes using it requires some creative splicing to disguise that missing 1/2". But at least it's getting used! Just like that fabric!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

The good thing about our stashes is that usually we can add new stuff to the old so we get excited about it again. With this project, we had "rules", we could only add one fabric besides the ones we both used. I chose the purple/black batik. I have no idea what she chose but I think a neutral. So we were locked into our previous choices. it was a good experience.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I love how this came together.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I think it turned out great. Hope your friend soon feels better about hers.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It's stunning. Really.
We can be our own worst critics, can't we?
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

jfugina wrote:...Sometimes hoarding works, and sometimes it doesn't. I hoard paper, but that works in my favor - I get great joy out of rediscovering old stash, and I still love much of what I bought 10+ years ago. I'm actually making more of an effort to use the massive amounts of Creative Memories papers I have stashed away, for example. But the hardest thing about those, is that they're all 12x11.5, and sometimes using it requires some creative splicing to disguise that missing 1/2". But at least it's getting used! Just like that fabric!
You're right about that, Julie. This morning I was thinking about the demise of Basic Grey in the paper world, feeling sorry now that I didn't buy some things that passed me by, and feeling thankful that I still have a considerable stash of it. I don't care that it's not trendy - and admit the fact that they're not all pink/aqua/yellow and happily whimsical is likely the reason they're folding.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I am so sick of pink and aqua I could spit. That's why I cancelled my Paper Camellia subscription.

Marianne - I really really like your wall hanging. I love the movement in the design.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I love it Marianne! Very modern and I love the curviness. Hopefully your friend will come to love hers too. I have a few quilts in my stash where I wondered what I was thinking when I made those fabric choices. You live and learn!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

azemigh wrote:I love it Marianne! Very modern and I love the curviness. Hopefully your friend will come to love hers too. I have a few quilts in my stash where I wondered what I was thinking when I made those fabric choices. You live and learn!
And you grow!

Thank you all for the comments. I will tell her there are unknown forces encouraging her!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Paula

Post by Paula »

I not only love the finished product, but the history it had before it was even made! Priceless!