Melbourne

pamcook

Melbourne

Post by pamcook »

I’m conflicted. There’s no way I would pick up a Pink Fresh collection in the store and yet, I’m loving the layouts I’m making with it. I just don’t understand. More 2015 pictures.
D54C4BB0-D259-4E4C-850A-C6F30BF1B75C.jpeg
D54C4BB0-D259-4E4C-850A-C6F30BF1B75C.jpeg (180.44 KiB) Viewed 240 times
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Re: Melbourne

Post by mpizzazz »

That is lovely, Pam! Why wouldn't you buy their kits in a store? I really like Pink Fresh, it's so re-fresh-ing and more original than a lot of companies! I should just buy some and use it in my next journal. But I have sooooo much paper....
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:That is lovely, Pam! Why wouldn't you buy their kits in a store? I really like Pink Fresh, it's so re-fresh-ing and more original than a lot of companies! I should just buy some and use it in my next journal. But I have sooooo much paper....

Yeah...why wouldn’t you? Pam you always start out with wonderful papers and build from there. So are you just buying a sheet or two at a time? And where are you acquiring them? So this has me really wondering now as to how you buy your paper? I’m guessing these gorgeous papers are from the kits you get?

I like Pink Fresh also as Marianne said.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I know I’m in the minority but I just don't find their designs appealing at all. What I have came in Hip Kits and I’m obviously using it and loving the outcome. I think this means I have bad taste and shouldn’t be allowed to shop for supplies :lol: . Every time someone here comments on how much they like a Pink Fresh collection, I wonder what’s wrong with me! :wtf:
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

Lovely pages, Pam!

You aren't alone, by the way. I wouldn't pick up Pink Fresh either because not my style. And I've learned to steer clear of pretty much anything Prima or Kaisercraft too. Got a ton of both in Swirlydoos kits and most of it was passed on to someone else.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

That's a lovely page Pam, perfectly conveys the feeling of that carefree afternoon. I have bought some Pinkfresh papers simply because they are different as Marianne says but don't automatically reach for them; maybe that's the reason you don't gravitate toward them. Generally, there is a lot more white in the papers than other patterned papers, I think that's one difference. Many collections have a whimsical style as well.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

a pretty layout Pam
The colors go well together
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica wrote:Lovely pages, Pam!

You aren't alone, by the way. I wouldn't pick up Pink Fresh either because not my style. And I've learned to steer clear of pretty much anything Prima or Kaisercraft too. Got a ton of both in Swirlydoos kits and most of it was passed on to someone else.

It’s so interesting how individually we gravitate to papers. I’m with you Monica on Prima. I’ve never been attracted to anything in that line. Kaisercraft however I’ve enjoyed. And recently Photoplay has gotten my attention. Just received today (love Sunday mail!) the whole Photoplay Paper Crane collection. I hope to show it off soon.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:I know I’m in the minority but I just don't find their designs appealing at all. What I have came in Hip Kits and I’m obviously using it and loving the outcome. I think this means I have bad taste and shouldn’t be allowed to shop for supplies :lol: . Every time someone here comments on how much they like a Pink Fresh collection, I wonder what’s wrong with me! :wtf:
I thought you were going to say, "I wonder what's wrong with them!" Ha ha!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

paddlegal wrote:It’s so interesting how individually we gravitate to papers. I’m with you Monica on Prima. I’ve never been attracted to anything in that line. Kaisercraft however I’ve enjoyed. And recently Photoplay has gotten my attention. Just received today (love Sunday mail!) the whole Photoplay Paper Crane collection. I hope to show it off soon.
Ah, now Photoplay I'm totally with you on! And there have been a few Kaisercraft collections I liked, but Prima I steer away from. The only collection of theirs I can recall loving was something called... Love Notes? I just remember it was roses and letters, inkwells and fountain pens... reds, creams, browns... that one collection I loved.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Love the LO and photos. I bought a Pink Fresh warehouse box once and really enjoyed everything in it. Some of the stamps weren’t my cup of tea but I really loved everything else.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Great layout and wonderful colors!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO