Milestone! 2015 layouts are complete!

jfugina

Milestone! 2015 layouts are complete!

Post by jfugina »

I've been doing a little bit each night this week so far, and just now I finished the last set of photos I had for 2015. :cool5: I still have mountains of photos from a trip to WDW and a cruise from that year, but I've got plain photo albums for those that I just need to load up.

Here are the last few things I had to scrap from 2015. Some were just kind of whipped out with not a lot of thought so that I could move on. I haven't been going chronologically, so there's a chunk already started for 2016, but this milestone means I can get the layouts sorted and loaded into a book and up on the shelves in the den.
Attachments
IMG_1164.jpg
IMG_1164.jpg (246.99 KiB) Viewed 233 times
IMG_1165.jpg
IMG_1165.jpg (294.4 KiB) Viewed 233 times
IMG_1166.jpg
IMG_1166.jpg (259.43 KiB) Viewed 233 times
IMG_1167.jpg
IMG_1167.jpg (253.73 KiB) Viewed 233 times
IMG_1168.jpg
IMG_1168.jpg (189.22 KiB) Viewed 233 times
IMG_1169.jpg
IMG_1169.jpg (247.54 KiB) Viewed 233 times
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jfugina

Re: Milestone! 2015 layouts are complete!

Post by jfugina »

Dang those came out big! Sorry about that. I can't seem to find a good happy medium for these two-pagers.
Julie Fugina
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

WOW!!! Congratulations Julie. They are all fantastic LOs. You must feel great with this accomplishment.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

Great job, Julie! And what an accomplishment!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great layouts and you've motivated me. You did a great job on all of them.

I need to go through my photos, delete duplicates and bad photos and print those that still need to be scrapped.
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

pamcook wrote:Great layouts and you've motivated me.
Well, that's saying something! You've been on a roll with all of your fabulous layouts, and as busy as you are, you've definitely been an inspiration to me as well. Every layout I look at on this board always has some little thing that I want to file away for later.

I need to do a round of clean-up before I move on to my next phase, because I was moving so fast over the last few weeks that I would just pull stuff out, cut what I needed, and then throw the rest aside. I need to get all of the leftovers filed before I start again.

I don't think I can follow the exact same process to blast through 2016, because there's just too much. However, one of the neat things about this last go-round, was that as I had all of the photos spread out on the big table in the basement getting things sorted, it was always attracting the kids' attention. As I would go through the sketch book, they'd register an opinion about which sketch they liked. Then when I took the photos and sketch back into the craft room, they asked if they could help pick out the papers. It was awesome to see them interested. So I do plan to do some of my major organizing and planning out in the open if it's going to catch the kids' eyes as they walk by. :D
Julie Fugina
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Great layouts and hurray
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Whoohhooooo!!! You're on a roll, now.... keep up the super progress!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

nchoney wrote:Whoohhooooo!!! You're on a roll, now.... keep up the super progress!!
That's the plan! The next two weekends are pretty low-key. The boys have Pinewood Derby this weekend, but that's it. I know we've got some projects that need doing around the house, but I also plan to dedicate some time to keeping up my scrapping momentum. Two weeks from now is when we enter the spring time-warp. In my world, we will enter into February and come out on the other side of April in about 10 minutes. Competition season will be fast upon us, and my scrapbooking time will come to an abrupt standstill. Uniforms just came in yesterday. I haven't seen the complete show yet, but I do love the uniforms and the music, so I'm looking forward to an enjoyable competition season,
Attachments
GuardUniform_Small.jpg
GuardUniform_Small.jpg (36.01 KiB) Viewed 218 times
Guard_Cropped.jpg
Guard_Cropped.jpg (50.32 KiB) Viewed 218 times
Julie Fugina
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Congrats Julie, that's definitely a job well done! I have never scrapped chronologically nor do I keep my albums that way, and doubt I even have one year that I would consider fully scrapped. So kudos to you for keeping track of that. Those Guard costumes look great - you'll have fun scrapping those photos, too!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I've only just in the past couple of years given myself the freedom to break from the chronological scrapping. But I seriously doubt I'll ever stray from the chronological albums, which does still mean that it's a milestone when I get a particular year finished. I've loosened up on order of the pages within a particular album though, now that I have far more single-page layouts than I used to. But I do try to keep them in somewhat seasonal order.

I've found that I get a lot of motivation from reaching an end point. Sure, the photos will keep coming and there's never any such thing as "done". But seeing any kind of finish line always inspires me to pick up the pace. I suspect that once the kids are out of the house, I'll have more travel albums than the day-to-day stuff. But should there ever be any grandkids to scrap, I'll go right back to my OCD chronological ways. :lol:
Julie Fugina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Cute uniforms!
I just ordered 92 prints from 2015 and I stopped about half way through. I thought I had way-fewer left to do. Oh well. It’s not like I’ll run out supplies.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Pam.... neither of us will run out of supplies any time soon.... LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Yeah, I don't think anyone on this board will run out anytime soon. :lol:

Nicole was so funny last night. I came home and she was working on a poster for history, and she had clearly raided my POPs, and had an entire basket of things that came off of my working table as well as other areas of the room. She had punches, unmounted stamps, and inks, adhesives, etc. And I just immediately got this vision of her standing in my craft room, with her basket in hand, "shopping" my entire stash like someone in a store. I've given her clear instructions on what she can take freely, and if she ever fails to return anything she took from the room, she knows her privileges will be revoked. And apparently, my craft supply stash is becoming the stuff of legend in Nicole's history class. I also had to laugh at some of the flags that she constructed. She had inked the edges to "give them a more worn look". :lol:
Julie Fugina
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Just wonderful job Julie. I love the outfits those girls have so very cool looking.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO