Travel page - Snow Cap Drive In

Keitha

Travel page - Snow Cap Drive In

Post by Keitha »

A stop at the Snow Cap in Seligman, AZ is sure to put a smile on your face. This iconic Route 66 eatery has been around since 1953 and is still run by the Delgadillo family. You won't find practical jokes on the menu but they're served up with every order. A very fun stop! Scrapbook Generations sketch from their travel bundle, papers are Fancy Pants Family & Co. I'm including gold on every Route 66 layout, and am running dangerously low on gold embellishments. An excuse to go shopping!
Attachments
DSCN4810_r.jpg
DSCN4810_r.jpg (227.4 KiB) Viewed 268 times
paddlegal

Re: Travel page - Snow Cap Drive In

Post by paddlegal »

Keitha one of the things I love about your LOs is that you must be using a post bound album so the double pages just flow from one side to the other. Super LO and what a cool place to visit.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Fab layout!
Do you print at home? Are your smaller prints just cropped?

I think I need to throw away my flair stash and buy new. It's all your fault.
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

fun!
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote:Fab layout!
Do you print at home? Are your smaller prints just cropped?
I think I need to throw away my flair stash and buy new. It's all your fault.
Yes, I print 95% of my photos at home. Anything 5x7 or smaller on my Epson PictureMate; it's smart enough to know to put four 2x3" prints on one piece of 4x6 photo paper. The large photo here is from my Epson Stylus printer, which I used exclusively before I got the PM. I have always preferred a mix of photo sizes on my layouts and in fact look for sketches that accommodate that, so printing at home makes the most sense for me. I occasionally use Persnickety Prints, if I'm doing a mostly photos-in-pockets album and want them all 4x6 and 3x4 sizes. Of course with the PictureMate those sizes are easy peasy as well; so I only order out if I'm wanting a hundred or more at once.
Ah, flair. For travel albums I like there to be something consistent on every spread; in the past I've done things like use a single paper collection which gets tedious, do all page titles in black, and put the same icon on every page (palm trees for Barbados). When I started this album I decided to use white cardstock - a departure for me as typically I'd use a patterned paper background - and because I'd got very good at buying but not so good at using them, touches of gold and flair on every page. I'm also typing all my journaling for this album in the same font. So although I'm using lots of different paper collections, those things are consistent on every spread. I went through all my embellishment drawers (sorted by theme) and gathered ALL the flair into one bin; I can assure you that most of it is several years old, and sometimes it's a challenge to find a piece that is the right fit for the page - even though I easily have over 100 pieces (don't judge me, LOL). I don't know what's happened to Evalicious.com; lots of my flair is from there but the site is currently down. If she's going out of business, there may be deals to be had if/when she comes back online. Personally, I think flair is a waning trend.
Farley, as it happens I've got a couple of matching ring-bound albums for this this trip. I may yet change my mind if I find just the right post-bound albums, but the cover of these is perfect. Certainly while it's a work-in-progress the ring albums make it easy to file the layouts in order as I'm not scrapping them that way. If these albums are my final choice, I may employ Shimelle's trick of stitching some page protectors together to eliminate the gap on pages like this where it really matters.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

https://www.etsy.com/shop/aflairforbuttons

I hope they stick around for a while. I do like them. The wooden buttons, not so much. I tend to peel away the decorative centers and throw away the button part.

I just ordered a new photo printer - hoping it’s on my porch when I get home. My Epson R1800 needed professional cleaning and I just couldn’t put more money into it. While I scrap mostly 4x6, it’s nice to have options. Your layouts have reinforced that!
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote:https://www.etsy.com/shop/aflairforbuttons

I hope they stick around for a while. I do like them. The wooden buttons, not so much. I tend to peel away the decorative centers and throw away the button part.

I just ordered a new photo printer - hoping it’s on my porch when I get home. My Epson R1800 needed professional cleaning and I just couldn’t put more money into it. While I scrap mostly 4x6, it’s nice to have options. Your layouts have reinforced that!
I really do wish you hadn't shared that link. I knew about them, but had managed to put them out of my mind...
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

We must have passed Snow Cap when we drove down that stretch of Route 66. Your layout really makes me wish we'd stopped!
I was wondering what "flair" was, thankyou for the link. Those buttons are great.
Kathryn.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:
pamcook wrote:https://www.etsy.com/shop/aflairforbuttons

I really do wish you hadn't shared that link. I knew about them, but had managed to put them out of my mind...
What are friends for?
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I love that layout - so much fun! I have the SG travel sketch book, but I'll admit that I don't use it to its fullest capacity. It's definitely my go-to sketch book when I want to incorporate a larger print though. I love that so many of those sketches show options for one large or multiple small prints in the same configuration.

Your comment about printing at home intrigues me. I'm wondering if I've just been getting the wrong printers for myself, because I tried printing at home (to get the most out of different sized photos), but I found it was just far too expensive to keep up with the ink. So I went back to Walgreens and 10c print sales for most of my printing. I currently have an Epson brand photo quality printer, but it goes through ink cartridges so fast it makes my head spin.

As for flair - thankfully I'm not susceptible to getting sucked in to that link. I typically stay away from chunky stuff on my pages, so I don't need to worry about that temptation. :lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I just love your style Keitha. It resounds perfection. Your attention to details is outstanding.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Debbie J wrote:I just love your style Keitha. It resounds perfection. Your attention to details is outstanding.
You are absolutely right, Debbie. When Keitha is scrapping, I hear a lot of the behind the scenes debating about what to add to the layout. Keitha puts so much thought into every layout and all the little details are always perfect.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Wonderful layouts
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

mpizzazz wrote:
Debbie J wrote:I just love your style Keitha. It resounds perfection. Your attention to details is outstanding.
You are absolutely right, Debbie. When Keitha is scrapping, I hear a lot of the behind the scenes debating about what to add to the layout. Keitha puts so much thought into every layout and all the little details are always perfect.
Aw shucks, ladies. Perfection is such a subjective thing, but I know what I like. Thanks.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

That is what counts and most important isn't it Keitha!
Keitha wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:
Aw shucks, ladies. Perfection is such a subjective thing, but I know what I like. Thanks.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO