Scraplifted Keitha

paddlegal

Re: Scraplifted Keitha

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:
paddlegal wrote:Pam I am so enjoying your Chicago LOs. I love Chicago and have been there a few times with my parents but not as an adult. So a very long time ago. But I have great memories of that city. And it’s where my parents first met.

Stop me if I’ve blathered on about his before but Chicago really brings up good stuff for me:

My mom was from Springfield, IL but lived in Los Angeles when she was in her 20s. She, among a group of other young women, was the winner of the first year of Mademoiselle Magazine’s “Win a Career” contest in ‘39 I think. Her new job put her back in IL again in Chicago working for Carson Pirie Scott as a fashion illustrator in their ad dept. In 1941 she met my dad, (a handsome young architect from NJ) who had a new job working for an architectural firm. Quite the arty match. They were married just months shy of their 60th anniversary when my mom passed away.

Sorry for the hijack. :angel:
That's a great story, Farley. Have you scrapped it?

Maybe...I can’t remember. :lol: I think I scrapped one of my mom during that time walking with a friend along a Chicago street wearing hats and gloves. Oh gee I need to find that photo and/or page.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Re: Scraplifted Keitha

Post by pamcook »

paddlegal wrote:Pam I am so enjoying your Chicago LOs. I love Chicago and have been there a few times with my parents but not as an adult. So a very long time ago. But I have great memories of that city. And it’s where my parents first met.

Stop me if I’ve blathered on about his before but Chicago really brings up good stuff for me:

My mom was from Springfield, IL but lived in Los Angeles when she was in her 20s. She, among a group of other young women, was the winner of the first year of Mademoiselle Magazine’s “Win a Career” contest in ‘39 I think. Her new job put her back in IL again in Chicago working for Carson Pirie Scott as a fashion illustrator in their ad dept. In 1941 she met my dad, (a handsome young architect from NJ) who had a new job working for an architectural firm. Quite the arty match. They were married just months shy of their 60th anniversary when my mom passed away.

Sorry for the hijack. :angel:
What a wonderful story! Thanks for sharing it. Your talents are genetic!
Pam Cook #48