Christmas layout

Keitha

Christmas layout

Post by Keitha »

The botanical gardens near me have a couple of train exhibits just at Christmas, so a friend and I went down to see them last week. What's neat about this one is that everything except the trains themselves is made from plant materials: buildings, structures, bridges and trestles, etc. A couple months ago Julie and I were discussing Scrapbook Generation's sketches of which this is one. Because I have so many photos I'm putting a pocket page in the album between these pages, so intentionally chose this sketch where both sides look good with just photos beside it. In keeping with the subject I wanted a Christmas floral paper, and this old Basic Grey line was perfect. The snowflake diecuts are a nod to the fact that it was -33C when I left home that morning. Feels good to finally make a layout again.
Attachments
DSCN4776_r.jpg
DSCN4776_r.jpg (206.14 KiB) Viewed 266 times
pamcook

Re: Christmas layout

Post by pamcook »

Gorgeous! I love every single detail. The sketch is a great one for so many uses.

-33 (C)? And my toes are so cold sitting here in my office. I love winter but those extreme low temperatures are too much for me. The night Cara was born (Ohio) was -18 (F) and our last Christmas in Ohio was -24 (F). I don't miss it.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote:Gorgeous! I love every single detail. The sketch is a great one for so many uses.

-33 (C)? And my toes are so cold sitting here in my office. I love winter but those extreme low temperatures are too much for me. The night Cara was born (Ohio) was -18 (F) and our last Christmas in Ohio was -24 (F). I don't miss it.
-33 celsius is -27.4 fahrenheit. Brrrr!!
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

What a fun exhibit and your layout is perfect.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Very nice layout, I like that Christmas paper.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I had no idea it got that cold in Ohio!

Oh, and Keitha, you need to post the photo pages, too, so they can see all the cool buildings in the layout. Ok, maybe others don't love train layouts and miniature buildings as much as I do... ;)
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:
pamcook wrote:Gorgeous! I love every single detail. The sketch is a great one for so many uses.

-33 celsius is -27.4 fahrenheit. Brrrr!!
I did the math and was freezing for you!
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Here are the other photos that Marianne's referring to, which is how the layout looks in my album with the pocket page in the middle. The only thing I added to the pocket page were a couple of rub-ons. IMO this really is a good solution for adding lots of photos to a spread, without compromising your page design. I had no idea landmark botanical train displays was a Thing, but it's surprising what turns up on Google. I'll be watching for more of them in my travels; they are quite something to see in person.
Attachments
DSCN4778_r.jpg
DSCN4778_r.jpg (214.11 KiB) Viewed 245 times
DSCN4781_r.jpg
DSCN4781_r.jpg (214.26 KiB) Viewed 245 times
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

What a wonderful tropical village they created! Your choices are perfect.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

What a wonderful find! And I love your pages. Old BG papers are some of my all time favorites.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

that layout works perfectly with all the photos on the page in the middle.... great idea for adding lots of photos!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Your photos are gorgeous as well. They have a vintage look to them - could just be the subject/lighting but I love them.
Pam Cook #48
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

A different kind of "Winter Wonderland "! What an imaginative creation for the Christmas season. Your layout and photos capture it perfectly.
Kathryn.
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Great layouts! My husband is a train freak, he loves them. A while ago someone on the CS board posted picture of a place she had gone, trains, trains and more trains. I asked and found out it was in Scranton PA. We live in NY so it was a doable trip. We both had a great time, I love miniatures, so I have to look this one up and see if they come this way.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

What they all have said. I love the subjects and am happy that Marianne said for you to post them. Trains have always been a favorite of mine (along with lighthouses). My one grandfather was an engineer but at a very young age, 13, started working at the railroad. Took a long time to work his way up.
pamcook wrote:Your photos are gorgeous as well. They have a vintage look to them - could just be the subject/lighting but I love them.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO