#magicalscrapbook

Keitha

Re: #magicalscrapbook

Post by Keitha »

Always enjoy seeing Disney layouts, rain notwithstanding; this will be another cherished scrapbook Pam. I always take photos out the plane window; some of those from takeoffs and landings are my favourite.

Kathryn, not sure I'd have focused on that sentiment had you not mentioned it; have to say I concur with your thinking!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

With my family, it seems it’s always a wild ride. Traveling to places I’d never dreamed I see for ridiculously short visits. This was the first time I flew to FL to spend two nights just to be with my kids. What a grandma won’t do!
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote:With my family, it seems it’s always a wild ride. Traveling to places I’d never dreamed I see for ridiculously short visits. This was the first time I flew to FL to spend two nights just to be with my kids. What a grandma won’t do!
That's the best reason, isn't it?
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Oh, Cheryl, glad to hear there's another hubby who won't get on a plane.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Pam.... it just hit me that you did that technique that Shimelle did... of putting LOTS of stickers/sentiments up in the sky part of a photo... in your case, it was a whole photo... but still sky... great job with that!! I kept being more literal in my thinking and was planning on getting a large photo printed.. but this works with the trio of photos!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Yes Debi. I considered enlarging one of the three but decided to take the easy route (given that I already had the prints).
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Perhaps the original lyric would have been better for a travel sticker, "oh baby, it's a wild world". Cat Stevens 1971

But I like the variation with a wild ride!

Love what you are doing with these Disney photos. The ponchos bring back memories.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Not a Shimelle sketch but Shimelle products so I’ll put it in this thread.
A13D592B-D098-4C13-85B6-33D46EEC5435.jpeg
A13D592B-D098-4C13-85B6-33D46EEC5435.jpeg (141.55 KiB) Viewed 216 times
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Not good photos but they still have memories attached to them so they go on a page. And of course, no way to get a good shot of it after dark!
12D4C530-664B-4C90-9E94-FFF797162DAD.jpeg
12D4C530-664B-4C90-9E94-FFF797162DAD.jpeg (166.87 KiB) Viewed 204 times
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Those smiles say it all, Pam!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

More great layouts, Pam. Love the two pager.

I was fondling Glitter Girl at my LSS on Saturday. Love the brighter colors she is using. But I insist on killing the other two Shimelle pads I have before buying more. Silly, I guess. But my room is overflowing.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Lighting doesn’t matter Pam. Your awesome LOs just shine right through and you can see what fun you must have been having. Very fun Shimelle papers.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Thanks for the kind comments!

Jen, I completely understand. I way over-bought Star Shine so that's why I'm determined to use it up. I still have a few pieces of her first collection. It might have to go soon. I can't make the colors work with anything. Go Now Go was perfect for a trip to Washington. Star Shine's colors are so bright and happy. They're working well with WDW photos. The new Glitter Girl collection? I bought a few pieces for Mia's birthday but ended up mailing the folder of stickers to her. I do plan to buy her #stickerbook but it will go to Mia as well (I think). Scrapbook designers have to be struggling to make an income so I do try to support my favorites.

I have one more layout to put together. These have all been pre-made kits I pulled together. What a time-saver that's been! Now I need to pull out the remaining prints and pair them up with papers & embellishments. I look through layouts I've saved for inspiration and make a note of which I want to use with each group of photos. When I sit down to scrapbook, I'm pretty much ready to go.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

That's been my sanity-saver for a long time now.... grabbing the photos and then goiing through my stash to "shop" for page kits.... then I put it all together and I can sit down and scrap when I've got more time. But the "shopping" part is all done. My stash is full of things I've bought for these photos or the themes I knew I'd be scrapping eventually, so it just helps me make sure I find all the stuff that goes with that theme. It's also helping me figure out what kinds of things I'm running low on... like zoo embellishments. My next trip to the zoo may require me to have more stuff in my stash.

I've really enjoyed watching Shimelle through this class... it's so nice to know that, even though she's scrapping a lot of 1-photo and 2-photo pages, she's scrapping enough pages from this event to fill 2 scrapbooks!! I think more of the show-and-tell type people need to fess up so the rest of us don't feel like one layout should represent a whole event. Hooray for multiple layouts!!! :cool5:
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I have a few more done but I especially like this one. The lighting in Ariel’s Grotto is so odd but I love these pictures! In her class, Shimelle talks about similar photos and how color corrected prints wouldn’t match her memory of the event. I agree and gave myself permission to scrap them as is. Maggie Holmes’ Carousel collection has the perfect papers for this layout. The gold glitter on that background paper is the best!
6F6C15EB-AD87-470F-B83B-C6312C55998E.jpeg
6F6C15EB-AD87-470F-B83B-C6312C55998E.jpeg (197.39 KiB) Viewed 175 times
Pam Cook #48