Layouts: A tale of two cruises

jfugina

Layouts: A tale of two cruises

Post by jfugina »

Before I get to the challenges this weekend, I wanted to finish up the pile of layouts in progress on my table. I'll likely be doing photo books for both of these vacations, because there are so many pictures, but I wanted something for the annual albums also. So here is a layout from a DCL Western Caribbean cruise in 2015 where it rained at most of the ports, and our 2017 do-over cruise where it was sunny and awesome.
Attachments
June, 2015
June, 2015
IMG_0839 (1).jpg (85.55 KiB) Viewed 194 times
March, 2017
March, 2017
IMG_0838 (1).jpg (77.75 KiB) Viewed 194 times
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
ScrappinJen

Re: Layouts: A tale of two cruises

Post by ScrappinJen »

Very cool layouts. That's an excellent title. Do Over Cruise.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Great layouts!
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

What great layouts
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Wonderful LOs and I love that you actually did a Do-Over Cruise to make up for the rain. That's so cool. I really like your papers in the first LO with it's sea/nautical feeling. And that you were able to carry on the colors in the Do-Over set.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

paddlegal wrote:Wonderful LOs and I love that you actually did a Do-Over Cruise to make up for the rain. That's so cool. I really like your papers in the first LO with it's sea/nautical feeling. And that you were able to carry on the colors in the Do-Over set.
Thanks! The color coordination wasn't intentional, actually. That first one is a page kit from scrapbook generation that's been assembled for years, just waiting for photos. We don't really do a lot of beach vacations, so I decided to go ahead and use it for the rainout cruise, if for no other reason than the irony. LOL. The second one came about me trying to kill a kit. It was Pink Paislee's Nantucket, and those embellishments were all I had left, so I built the empty layout and waited.

Ultimately, they'll go in chronological albums that are two years apart. I used to try to scrap in order, but at this point I'm so far behind that I just work on whatever seems the most interesting at the time. I hadn't planned on printing those cruise photos (because I'd do them in digital photo books), but when I decided I wanted something in the annual albums, I printed the photos for both cruises together.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO