Labor Day Play - more layouts

jfugina

Labor Day Play - more layouts

Post by jfugina »

Day 3 of this lazy Labor Day weekend was spent back in the scrap room. :cool5: While I was't working on any particular challenge, I did use the scraps from the first layout to do the second one. I like the idea of throwing another layout together with what's currently on the table in front of me, even if I don't put photos on it right away. I also used scraps to cut title letters with the Cricut.

I started with the Aurora collection from Basic Grey. I got a 6x6 pad and two embellishment packs in a warehouse box. I've become somewhat of an expert at piecing 6x6 papers together when I need a 12" strip. The other thing I came to realize today, is how much more AWESOME my newer Cricut is at cutting that thick textured cardstock. My original never did get through that stuff, even on the highest pressure setting.
Attachments
IMG_0819 (1).jpg
IMG_0819 (1).jpg (232.9 KiB) Viewed 232 times
IMG_0818.jpg
IMG_0818.jpg (137.63 KiB) Viewed 234 times
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jfugina

Re: Labor Day Play - more layouts

Post by jfugina »

The other layout I did today was something I already had put together, and just put photos on. Thanks for looking!
Attachments
IMG_0817.jpg
IMG_0817.jpg (85.48 KiB) Viewed 233 times
Julie Fugina
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Good job Julie, and mega bonus points for using one of those "speciality" papers.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thanks! What's funny is that I had paired the Aurora papers with that single photo of Jake and me, because I saw the "you are my universe" in the embellishment pack. Earlier in the day I had stuck the eclipse photos to a completely different layout, and I really disliked how it came out. So I moved on to the photo of Jake and me, and started flipping through that pad and saw the "phases of the moon" print, and realized that I had to use this collection for my eclipse photos. So I pulled them off the layout I'd just done, and started over. I'm way happier with the second version of that layout.

Then, with that one done, I had a bunch of scraps to use on that second layout. That sketch with the strips is from Scrapbook Generation, and I've used that sketch a ton of times. It just works really well when you have one photo and a bunch of scraps in front of you.
Julie Fugina
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Great work, Julie. Glad to see I'm not the only playing this weekend. I made three layouts and two cards. Now time for dinner and then a ball game.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

One more before my super crafty weekend comes to a close. This is Nicole's freshman yearbook photo. I'm giving myself bonus points for thinking "Simply Beautiful", and going to my stash of Club Scrap tags. Webster's Pages and Club Scrap together? What? :lol:
Attachments
IMG_0821.jpg
IMG_0821.jpg (161.24 KiB) Viewed 218 times
Julie Fugina
Monica

Post by Monica »

Beautiful young lady and a lovely layout for her! You did great this weekend, Julie! :cool5:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Yikes you are on a roll this weekend! Marvelous LOs and using, heck remembering Simply Beautiful die cut is amazing. I think that was one of my first kits. Well done Julie!
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

They are terrific! I really like the eclipse layouts.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO