Layouts from today - challenge double-up!

jfugina

Layouts from today - challenge double-up!

Post by jfugina »

Rather than cross-post, I figured I'd do a separate thread for the TWO challenges I worked on today - simultaneously! The first was the "card your scraps" challenge. The second was the "use those stickers" challenge. I actually decided to start with a completely full sticker sheet. Then I raided my sorted scraps to find papers that I thought went with the colors on the sticker sheet. Here's where I started:
IMG_0801.jpg
IMG_0801.jpg (124.96 KiB) Viewed 238 times
This was actually super tough. I made three single-page layouts, and one double-page empty layout for later. Each layout took over an hour. But I was determined to stick with the scraps, and burn through that sticker sheet.
IMG_0802.jpg
IMG_0802.jpg (78.02 KiB) Viewed 238 times
IMG_0803.jpg
IMG_0803.jpg (66.08 KiB) Viewed 238 times
IMG_0804.jpg
IMG_0804.jpg (75.99 KiB) Viewed 238 times
There were just a few stickers left, so I made a sort of cluster, then found a sketch that sort of had a similar component.
IMG_0805.jpg
IMG_0805.jpg (87.66 KiB) Viewed 238 times
IMG_0806.jpg
IMG_0806.jpg (103.28 KiB) Viewed 238 times
I collected way more scraps than I used up, but I did use quite a lot. And, the sticker sheet is TOAST. Also, aside from the white background papers, I only cut into 1 12x12 and on 8.5x11 through all four of those layouts. It was definitely a challenge to force myself to stick with the scraps and to use up the stickers, but I'm happy I did it. Tomorrow, I revisit the scrap piles, but with dies in mind. :-)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
paddlegal

Re: Layouts from today - challenge double-up!

Post by paddlegal »

:-o WOW! WOW! WOW! Julie your determination is impressive not to mention your fantastic LOs! They all turned out terrific and that empty sticker sheet is mind boggling. You must feel fantastic with the day's accomplishments. Way to go!
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thanks Farley! I do feel fairly accomplished, but I'm not gonna lie - I'm mentally exhausted in a way I haven't been in a long time with regards to scrapbooking. I agonized over putting all of those patterns together, especially given how wild and bold the colors and patterns were on the sticker sheet.

I think after today, I'm finally going to have the strength to toss a bunch of those scraps that I've been holding onto forever. Most of what I was working with today, I'm officially tired of looking at, so no matter how much of that is left, it's getting tossed. I need to move on to another collection of scraps. And as challenging as it was, I really liked starting with a sticker sheet and collecting scraps to match. I need to do that again sometime (after a few brainlessly easy pages.. lol).
Julie Fugina
Monica

Post by Monica »

I agree with Farley on the WOW! WOW! WOW! You did a terrific job of using that sticker sheet up, burning through some scraps, and getting photos scrapped! Kudos to you, Julie!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Way to go Julie! Very impressive that you were able to use the whole sheet of stickers!

I hear what you mean about being tired of scraps. I've given myself permission to recycle-bin my scraps more often.

I really like how the colors & stickers bring energy to your layouts!
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Wow!! What a super productive time you had!! Congrats!!! :cool5:
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

SUPER IMPRESSIVE!
That you stuck to that sticker sheet and used it ALL!!!
And I adore each and every layout. Are those Allison Davis sketches? I am drawn to her stuff.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, fantastic job! :clap: :clap: :clap: for sticking to both challenges. Good job on all the clusters!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thanks everyone for the kinds words and encouragement!

Pam - yes, those layouts are BRIGHT! I wasn't entirely sure how I felt about them being so loud, but it accomplished the goal, so it's all good. I did pack up a bunch of scraps today - keeping them separated by color. It's super tough to use the scrap pile as a go-to for layout pieces, but when it comes to card fronts and die cuts it totally gives me heartburn to cut into a whole sheet of stock. Not like I'm running low or anything... I just don't like doing it.

Jen - all of the sketches are from Scrapbook Generation. Not sure which might be Debbie and which might be Alison, but I have most of the SG sketch books, as well as most of the sketches that came with the kit clubs. I lack a designer's eye, so having exact cuts and placement for the major elements makes me very happy. It also gave me a good guide for how many patterns and what sized bits of papers I needed to go after.

I made a few card bases this morning, entirely out of scraps. That was fun, but I used dies for the entire thing (sizzix has these fancy fold things that are a ton of fun, but also aren't that sharp, so you spend a lot of time finishing cuts with scissors and sending cuts back through with shims). I'll post those later - I haven't decided whether to leave them for when I need a blank, or go ahead and pick a sentiment and finish them up.

Nicole and I are heading out shopping soon, but I have every intention of continuing this super scrappy weekend this evening when we get back. :D
Julie Fugina