Layouts from this weekend

jfugina

Layouts from this weekend

Post by jfugina »

I spent a lot of time in the craft room this weekend, mostly trying to get my photos organized. I had stuff that needed to be printed from 2015 to present, and I got all of that figured out and sent to Walgreens. After I got it all home, I went to sorting and trying to match prints to an inspiration piece (pre-made layout, a sticker sheet,or some other element that would be a starting point. With that done, I got to work. Here are my layouts from this weekend.
Attachments
IMG_0788 (1).jpg
IMG_0788 (1).jpg (95.33 KiB) Viewed 420 times
This one still needs a title... the sticky note isn't part of the layout.  :-)
This one still needs a title... the sticky note isn't part of the layout. :-)
IMG_0787 (1).jpg (98.99 KiB) Viewed 420 times
IMG_0791.jpg
IMG_0791.jpg (34.6 KiB) Viewed 421 times
IMG_0789.jpg
IMG_0789.jpg (49.93 KiB) Viewed 421 times
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jfugina

Re: Layouts from this weekend

Post by jfugina »

And some more...
Attachments
IMG_0792 (1).jpg
IMG_0792 (1).jpg (94.92 KiB) Viewed 420 times
IMG_0794.jpg
IMG_0794.jpg (48.76 KiB) Viewed 420 times
IMG_0793.jpg
IMG_0793.jpg (33.83 KiB) Viewed 420 times
IMG_0790.jpg
IMG_0790.jpg (39.65 KiB) Viewed 420 times
Julie Fugina
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Wow! You did some major damage here!! They are wonderful.
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Great layouts, Julie. Love your bright summery colours.
Kathryn.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Yay Julie! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thanks ladies! When I do an exercise like this, it forces me to acknowledge that I need to get more creative in my photography. I know I've said it before, but I need to take photos of more than just the special events. This weekend I picked out some of the ones I considered "quick" or "easy". But I suspect next weekend I'm going have a tougher time. I need to tackle birthdays and camping. No kidding. I've got about 8 November boy birthday layouts to do, and two girl birthday layouts to do (one of which is also November). Then there are at least 4 scout camping trips. If I tackle them together, maybe I can do a better job of making sure they don't all turn out exactly the same. :-)

That said, I'm super excited for next weekend! It's a 3-day weekend, and we have no band, no scouts, no NOTHING all weekend! Woot!
Julie Fugina
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Julie I love your scrapping energy! WTG!! Super LOs.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I am super impressed.
Monica

Post by Monica »

wow, Julie! Way to rock the layouts! :cool5:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

well done, I wish I could scrap that many layouts in one weekend. That is a good idea to pick one special supply for each group of photos. Perhaps doing that for all the Scouting and camping photos will help them not all look alike.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Marianne - a solid half of those were just sticking photos on to empty layouts that had already been assembled. And my layouts are hardly ever that complicated. Most come straight out of a sketch, and I'm just picking the papers that the sketch calls for and cutting and assembling per instructions.

I find that I enjoy executing processes more than just playing around with something until I like it. Not sure if that makes sense or not. But what I like most about scrapbooking is selecting the stuff for a layout, and then placing that stuff according to a sketch. It's more mechanical than creative, but it's the mechanical stuff that seems to relax me. But the result of working that way is that I can knock out a lot of layouts in a short amount of time. I also discovered back with ALSB, that I really love just creating empty layouts with no plans for them It helps me use up supplies that I otherwise wouldn't, and I tend to use the assembled layout more readily than I would the components if they were standalone.
Julie Fugina
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Great layouts. You're on a roll.
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
nancine

Post by nancine »

You got a lot done Julie, wonderful layouts! Bet it feels good doing them - fun!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

jfugina wrote:Marianne - a solid half of those were just sticking photos on to empty layouts that had already been assembled. And my layouts are hardly ever that complicated. Most come straight out of a sketch, and I'm just picking the papers that the sketch calls for and cutting and assembling per instructions.

I find that I enjoy executing processes more than just playing around with something until I like it. Not sure if that makes sense or not. But what I like most about scrapbooking is selecting the stuff for a layout, and then placing that stuff according to a sketch. It's more mechanical than creative, but it's the mechanical stuff that seems to relax me. But the result of working that way is that I can knock out a lot of layouts in a short amount of time. I also discovered back with ALSB, that I really love just creating empty layouts with no plans for them It helps me use up supplies that I otherwise wouldn't, and I tend to use the assembled layout more readily than I would the components if they were standalone.
However you do it, photos are off the phone or other device and are documented and the memory is recorded! So, it's a good thing!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

great layouts Julie
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois