Winter PSL 2017

ScrappinJen

Re: Winter PSL 2017

Post by ScrappinJen »

I'm a hoarder. Tis true.

I should mention that the PIMA COUNTY layout is a direct case of another member named Donna. Not claiming that fussy cutting idea.
nancine

Post by nancine »

Here are my two layouts from this week so far. My nephew's wedding. I wasn't there so I've had to make due with the photos my sister sent, LOL. They got married at the courthouse in SF and only were allowed 10 people total. I'll be scrapping the party later!
Attachments
Mike_Lauren2.JPG
Mike_Lauren2.JPG (116.94 KiB) Viewed 340 times
Mike_Lauren1.JPG
Mike_Lauren1.JPG (130.22 KiB) Viewed 340 times
nancine

Post by nancine »

and a few of the cards I've made...
Attachments
QueenDiamonds.JPG
QueenDiamonds.JPG (206.92 KiB) Viewed 340 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Beautiful pages and cards Ladies!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Great work, Nancy. Happy to see you posting here. I think I'm probably finished for the Three of a Kind week. On to Shades of Gray. I spent the afternoon cutting some parts and pieces on my Silhouette and Big Shot for cards to make tomorrow with LucyG in Dixon.
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Nancy, I like your smart Wedding layouts, the grey and gold colours are very effective with the blue. Nice to see the old CS Papillon kit coming out again!
Kathryn.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Very nice, Jen! You've been very productive; keep 'em coming.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Terrific LOs and cards Jen and Nancy.

That was one great thing about PSL...it really made me scrap. It also made me ignore everything else. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Oh my. Sorry to say, Nancy, but my Retrievers team was the winning team. Woo hoo. Some of those gals can really churn out the work. I cannot take credit. On to 50 Shades of Gray. This week's challenge.
nancine

Post by nancine »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
my team was the loser - I have people on my roster (doing the counting for Beth a couple times) who I have never heard of nor have they even posted a "hi, how are you" in the welcome section. There are 5+ who don't even have forum screen names :roll:
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

:shock:
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I remember getting a ton of pages scrapped during PSL the 2 (maybe 3?) times I did it. I know I have a lovely layout where our team (who I think was pretty much losing every week) decided to share single photos of ourselves, and we made scrap pages of our PSL friends. I remember Farley was on that team, and I remember the kit I used - the one with all of the "chic chat" and references to girls night out.

I also remember doing a layout that featured the shenanigans my kids got into while I locked myself in the scrap room to do PSL. At one point I emerged and found every toy off the toy shelf, and Jake (<2yo at the time) was scaling the shelving unit like a ladder to try to get a more toys. The shelf wasn't anchored, and it's amazing it all stayed upright.

I miss those days a lot. Those days when I could come home, eat, and scrap, and not worry about where the kids needed to be or hounding someone about homework or music practice. I got so much more scrapping done with babies and toddlers than I do now.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Julie I remember that team and how we shared our photos with each other. That was a great idea whoever came up with it. Now I wonder where those photos are. I did some kind of scrapping with them. When I stopped PSL (2012 was last time I participated) I pretty much stopped scrapping.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

A couple of more layouts, this week the challenge is Shades of Gray. I stumbled across half cut up Generations in my stash so I'm trying to kill the kit. It was a difficult one for me to work with when I received it. Now I'm not so picky. Just wanna get photos onto pages.

The first one contains photos of my sister Chrissie and I with Young Nancy when we first got to know her at Retreat 2010. We took a long walk together on the last beautiful fall day in Wisconsin and I can still remember how much we enjoyed it. Lots of black Nuvo dots used here. I am totally addicted to them.

The second one uses photos from 2005 featuring my brother and his family. Stash busting for sure. Those little metal rings were purchased at Big Lots a thousand years ago. I don't even know who made them but they say, Husband, Wife, Brother, Sister. Perfect.
Attachments
ShadesGray 101010.jpg
ShadesGray 101010.jpg (232.87 KiB) Viewed 271 times
ShadesofGray Journey.jpg
ShadesofGray Journey.jpg (206.24 KiB) Viewed 271 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Three more Generations layouts and that kit is dead. Except for scraps. For which I have an idea. But it feels so good to finish off that old kit. Thanks for looking.

On to getting Messy.
Attachments
ShadesGray Texture Stamp Nuvo Dots.jpg
ShadesGray Texture Stamp Nuvo Dots.jpg (217.73 KiB) Viewed 261 times
ShadesGray FamilyMatters.jpg
ShadesGray FamilyMatters.jpg (238.02 KiB) Viewed 261 times
Shades Gray Nuvo Dots.jpg
Shades Gray Nuvo Dots.jpg (225.04 KiB) Viewed 261 times