Some Christmas layouts

jfugina

Some Christmas layouts

Post by jfugina »

I had a productive scrappy weekend. Hooray! Over the past two days, I've knocked out Christmas 2015 AND 2016 - double hooray!

These first two are from our tree-trimming activities. We don't do much decorating anyway, but these past two years we've nearly not had a tree at all. But last minute stops at the Boy Scout tree lot ensured we had something to put our presents under. I don't love either of these layouts, but I was on a mission to kill several Christmas collections that have been sitting partially used for many many years. And that mission was accomplished.
Attachments
IMG_4311.jpg
IMG_4311.jpg (89.78 KiB) Viewed 496 times
IMG_4309.jpg
IMG_4309.jpg (159.45 KiB) Viewed 497 times
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jfugina

Re: Some Christmas layouts

Post by jfugina »

These next sets are from 2015. Clearly, I'm becoming excessively bored with taking holiday photos, because I barely took any. 2015 was one of those years that we did three places in one day. And I imagine I was just wanting it to all be over. I think was probably one of the top 3 most stressful Decembers in my life. The top one was the year Rob got sick and Jake was just a newborn. But even that season still had the joy that little kids bring to the season. I wish I could recall more about what I was feeling last Christmas - If I did, I'd have written a long journal entry on the back of the layouts.
Attachments
IMG_4308.jpg
IMG_4308.jpg (131.5 KiB) Viewed 496 times
IMG_4310.jpg
IMG_4310.jpg (97.29 KiB) Viewed 496 times
Julie Fugina
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

And, lastly, (GASP!) Christmas 2016. Yes, as in less than a month ago. I know, I'm having a :shock: moment also.

I took a few more photos, but still not tons. This year we had our family gatherings on separate days from each other, and even separate days from Christmas.
Attachments
IMG_4314.jpg
IMG_4314.jpg (123.13 KiB) Viewed 496 times
IMG_4313.jpg
IMG_4313.jpg (95.59 KiB) Viewed 496 times
IMG_4315.jpg
IMG_4315.jpg (72.69 KiB) Viewed 496 times
Julie Fugina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

They're great pages Julie. They're finished and the holidays recorded - while you still have some memories of both. High five!
Pam Cook #48
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Christmas isn't Christmas if you don't have a tree :P I love your paper with the big tree. Great to see your family layouts, especially your version of Keitha's sketch. You've inspired me to see what I can do with my Christmas photos!
Kathryn.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Good job Julie, getting those done - and using up old kits while you were at it. Maybe not your favourites but they look great. I'm with Kathryn; without a tree you haven't decorated at all, no matter what else might be scattered about.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

katymjo wrote:Christmas isn't Christmas if you don't have a tree :P I love your paper with the big tree. Great to see your family layouts, especially your version of Keitha's sketch. You've inspired me to see what I can do with my Christmas photos!
Kathryn.
The paper with the big tree, as well as the one with the cabin, are both Webster's Pages. They usually have some kind of print on the other side, but I can never seem to bring myself to cut those papers. They're nearly impossible (for me) to use with the kinds of sketches I like (like the scrapbook generation ones), because I don't like to hide too much of the artwork. I've had these papers for YEARS - like maybe 5+ years? it was time to get them in the album, and the one with the tree seemed especially fitting.
Julie Fugina
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

That was a honking big tree this year! Love your Christmas LOs.

I have a hard time with Webster's Pages, too. The same problem I had with CS paper - large design that I didn't want to cover or had no photos to go with it.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Yeah, we weren't thinking through that tree decision this year - it was WAY too tall. Last year we had the kids with us, and it was nice to see Nicole walk up to one and put her hand on top of it. No ladder required! Hopefully we remember to do the height test next year. :lol:

I really need to make more of an effort with the Websters Pages this year. I either need to just get over myself and use the print, or take a deep breath and cut it for the reverse side pattern. I have similar issues with some of the pink paislee stuff too. Last year I got tired of looking at the same Halloween collection I'd been hoarding for years, and got out every single piece of paper and embellishment I had from that collection, and made layouts (most without photos) until it was all gone. It was quite satisfying. I need to take the "kill a kit" approach more often. I always feel so accomplished after I've used up the last remaining scraps of a collection.
Julie Fugina
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Whoa Julie! Boy, when you set your mind to scrap you don't kid around!!! (so much better than sitting on the sofa with the "mote"?) The LOs are wonderful and now you have those great memories documented for the kids. Beautifully done and so inspiring.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Gosh, Julie, loving all these holiday layouts. And I take my scrappy hat off to you for scrapping 2016. Amazing.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thanks Jen, but don't let the 2016 stuff fool you! :lol: I've got all of 2015-16 piled up waiting to be done, as well as at least three travel albums from 2014 and earlier. This was just one of those things where it was easier to knock out every Christmas photo I had from any year all at once while I had all of the holiday stash out. It actually worked so well that I may do the same thing when I get to my nieces' birthdays. Dig out every pinkish birthday collection I own, and do all three nieces for the two years worth of photos I have for each, and call it good. Camping is another one of those things where I'll probably get out all of my outdoors/nature/camping stuff, and knock all of the camping photos out at once.
Julie Fugina
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

That's exactly what I was doing earlier while churning out those Santa's lap photos. But I sort of got tired of Christmas, so the rest of the stack are still on my table, staring at me with those accusatory eyes. Maybe next December???
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

:lol: I think that's how I get with vacation photos. Like, I'm really totally over doing Disney World photos. And cruises. The vacations are fantastic! But my imagination (and willpower) just completely take their leave when I'm facing yet another 500 photos with Mickey and pals. :?
Julie Fugina
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

jfugina wrote::lol: I think that's how I get with vacation photos. Like, I'm really totally over doing Disney World photos. And cruises. The vacations are fantastic! But my imagination (and willpower) just completely take their leave when I'm facing yet another 500 photos with Mickey and pals. :?
I want to get to the point where I'm totally over doing cruise photos - haven't been on one yet, LOL. I agree that those stacks of 500+ photos are daunting, but I actually enjoy scrapping the trips, which I feel like I'm reliving piece by piece as the pages get made. Including the Disney ones. Keep plugging away - you'll get there.