bittersweet to scrap

Keitha

bittersweet to scrap

Post by Keitha »

Another Route 66 page, of the Summit Inn Restaurant atop the Cajon Pass in CA. This 64-year-old restaurant was destroyed in the wildfires last summer, making these photos poignant to scrap. Fortunately the owners plan to rebuild, although lots of historic memorabilia has been lost. Hopefully you can read my journaling, which explains the title. Papers from PhotoPlay, and another Scrapbook Generation sketch which I've included also.
Attachments
DSCN3221_r.jpg
DSCN3221_r.jpg (254.96 KiB) Viewed 416 times
8 photos SG r.jpg
8 photos SG r.jpg (119.77 KiB) Viewed 416 times
pamcook

Re: bittersweet to scrap

Post by pamcook »

What a great layout! Tell me, did you buy the chicken paper specifically for this one?
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote:What a great layout! Tell me, did you buy the chicken paper specifically for this one?
Nope, the chicken paper was part of the collection called Fresh Picked that I'd already decided to use because of its overall food theme. I didn't notice it until I opened the pack and started choosing papers.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Okay - cause I was going to make a witty comment about the chicken or the eggs (which came first)...
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I need a "love this" button!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Love this layout! I like the sketch too. I haven't kept up with SG in a long time, but their sketch books are still my most important layout tool.

Sorry about the bitersweet scrapping moment. I remember scrapping a wedding once where the couple was getting divorced by the time I got around to scrapping the event. The event was loads of fun, but it was hard to write about how much fun we had with the "happy couple" when they were already split up.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Nice layout, Keitha. Been by there many a time, but never stopped. And now I wish I had. My sister lives in Apple Valley and my BIL commutes down the hill every day.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I really love this and the sketch too. I hope I get time to play