Shades of Winter

ScrappinJen

Shades of Winter

Post by ScrappinJen »

My sister Chrissie and I have a tradition of Facetiming on New Year's Day and doing ALSB layouts. Chris was working on our Arizona trip with an old Adobe kit. I decided to tackle my latest Club Scrap kit, Shades of Winter Lite. After I was finished with all of them, I had a burst of memory and realized I had just come across these photos two days before. I have no idea of the date but I was on a photography expedition at Donner Lake with some friends. I think it was the late 80's. I wasn't brave enough to walk too far from shore but I did get many ice photos at the shoreline. These photos were taken by one of the fellow photographers. I've always loved them. And now I have finally scrapped them. Hoarding all this time for just that perfect paper. This may not be the perfect paper but golly gee, the photos are in the book now. Not in a shoe box. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
Donner Lake PAO.jpg
Donner Lake PAO.jpg (73.84 KiB) Viewed 261 times
ScrappinJen

Re: Shades of Winter

Post by ScrappinJen »

And one more for tonight. Sort of a mash up from Shades of Winter. The title is, anyway. The paper is from Sparkle and I made the layout for a Big Picture Class. Ashley Horton cut all of her paper into two inch squares to make her diamond pattern layout. After cutting all my squares, I had the realization I could have just turned my paper on the diagonal and then filled in the rest with squares. Duh. Well, this way it has lots of texture. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
Baby Its Cold PAO.jpg
Baby Its Cold PAO.jpg (123.18 KiB) Viewed 259 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

They're both great!
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Beautiful! I still hoard some of that Sparkle paper! Loved it for snow photos.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Very nice Jen. Great New Year's Day tradition with your sister.