Book day

pamcook

Book day

Post by pamcook »

Winter was a season of reading the Harry Potter series so the kids dressed up as Hermoine & Harry for Book Day at school. I still have a ton of this Once Upon A Time collection and it was perfect. If I do say so myself! Sure wish I could capture all the glittery goodness.
IMG_3154.JPG
IMG_3154.JPG (164.42 KiB) Viewed 350 times
IMG_3155.JPG
IMG_3155.JPG (174.32 KiB) Viewed 350 times
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Re: Book day

Post by nchoney »

Those are terrific!! The kids look adorable, of course!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I agree with Debi - the kids are adorable and that paper (which I also still have plenty of) is perfect. Great pages, Pam.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, wonderful layouts!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Oh, I love these pages. The kids are so cute and your layout is adorable. Please remind me who made this paper line. I've sent the link to lucyg. I think she will adore these layouts.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

WOW! Pam these are just amazing LOs. How fun for those adorable kids. That paper is gorgeous but I am thinking that some of your beautiful clusters look hand made rather than stickers? Gorgeous!
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

From lucyg:

Can you post this for me, please:

Hey Pam! Jen got me here by dangling Harry Potter layouts before my eyes. ha ha

Cute, cute pages. The kids are adorable.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I can't tell you how many times I started to buy that paper. It's perfect for these!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

That's Once Upon a Time by DCWV. I still see it in stores and I feel like I bought it about 10 years ago. Thought about posting in Pam P's challenge to use oldest products but it's not my oldest.
Stamps are by Ali Edwards.
Sure miss LucyG.

I did make some of the embellishments.
IMG_3158.JPG
IMG_3158.JPG (99.21 KiB) Viewed 335 times
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Totally cute! The papers are perfect. How darn cute are those grandkids of yours???!!!!!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Adorable! What a fun day at school they must have had. And I love your paper choice. I still have a large stack of that paper myself. :D
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

They celebrated International Book Day in Australia as well. All the kids dress up like their favorite book character. It's a big,big deal. I'm not sure if they do the same in the U.K. and/or Canada? They don't do Halloween but there's an Arabic holiday where the kids give candies to each other and some kids go from house to house asking for candies. Drawing a blank.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote:They celebrated International Book Day in Australia as well. All the kids dress up like their favorite book character. It's a big,big deal. I'm not sure if they do the same in the U.K. and/or Canada? They don't do Halloween but there's an Arabic holiday where the kids give candies to each other and some kids go from house to house asking for candies. Drawing a blank.
Canada celebrates Canada Book Day, which coincides with World Book Day. Next year it's April 23rd. I've not heard of the kids' school doing anything specific for it; maybe they do with the younger kids though.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:They celebrated International Book Day in Australia as well. All the kids dress up like their favorite book character. It's a big,big deal. I'm not sure if they do the same in the U.K. and/or Canada? They don't do Halloween but there's an Arabic holiday where the kids give candies to each other and some kids go from house to house asking for candies. Drawing a blank.
Here's some interesting info about World book day from wikipedia:

World Book Day[1] or World Book and Copyright Day (also known as International Day of the Book or World Book Days) is a yearly event on April 23rd, organized by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), to promote reading, publishing and copyright. In the United Kingdom, the day is recognized on the first Thursday in March. World Book Day was celebrated for the first time on 23 April 1995.

The connection between 23 April and books was first made in 1923 by booksellers in Catalonia, Spain[Book 1] The original idea was of the Valencian writer Vicente Clavel Andrés as a way to honour the author Miguel de Cervantes, first on October 7, his birth date, then on April 23, his death date. In 1995 UNESCO decided that the World Book and Copyright Day would be celebrated on 23 April, as the date is also the anniversary of the death of William Shakespeare and Inca Garcilaso de la Vega, as well as that of the birth or death of several other prominent authors.[2] (In a historical coincidence, Shakespeare and Cervantes died on the same date — 23 April 1616 — but not on the same day, as at the time, Spain used the Gregorian calendar and England used the Julian calendar; Cervantes actually died 10 days before Shakespeare died.)
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Adorable layouts Pam! And I too have seen that paper slab before and have, up to this point, resisted. :lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO