Call me crazy

pbp908

Re: Call me crazy

Post by pbp908 »

Lucy came to one of our NC get togethers. I miss her. I also miss the lady who made the beautiful watercolor cards. They were absolutely gorgeous.

So asinine that someone would try to tell others what they should and shouldn't scrap - those pages are personal, not for someone else's pleasure. Life is not always sunshine and rainbows, and if she thought that it was, then I feel sorry for her ability (or lack thereof) to cope when she's given bad situations in her life.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

I just love us here. I was never so grateful as when I got the initial invite to come here. All my favorite people went here, and we all just support and accept each other. I don't regret the CS days, because I was able to better hone my basic scrappy skills, but I do wish I hadn't gone so nuts with buying stamp sheets!!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

was her name Kajira Hill
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I don't remember that name, Jill. I'd probably id her by her login name, which was what we knew so many people by.

CS was a great jumping off place. It still is. CM started a lot of people, but then we wanted more and to escape the CM Nazis who were so rigid. I joined because of Rhapsody - I think I saw it in a magazine and then took the dive. I just basically outgrew them, even though I still like some of their products. They definitely spoiled me for nicer card stock. I don't know why I still have so much of it - I try to use it but it's hard to match some of those colors to what I'm working on. I do have a box of photo mattes from the kits that I delve into regularly, and I've still got a ton of ribbons and fibers that are slowly being used up. The only problem that I have with 90% of their current kits is that so many of the designs and colors feel like reruns. That being said, though, there are several kits that I absolutely loved and bought a lot of and have used. The one that comes to mind immediately is the one with the Greek designs on it - the blues and tan were perfect for beach photos.

Would you believe I was offered $150 for one of the old winter kits? It was the one with the snow flakes and moon, can't remember the name of it. It was one that I searched several years to find, and I wasn't about to let it go. :lol: I did finally use most of it and don't regret cutting it for a minute.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

jmp1022 wrote:was her name Kajira Hill
Bingo, you win the prize, Jill!!!!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I like doing the ALSB's at times but tend to adjust how the pictures go.
ScrappinJen wrote:I like having the ALSBs waiting because there are times when I don't have the creative mojo to create. So I can just find photos to match up with ALSBs. I'll be doing that a lot in the future weeks.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wow! How rude. I'm glad I had not scrapped my Dachau photos. Talk about depressing. I don't know if I have done them yet. I have used most of my ALSB pages but am still making more so I have plenty to add photos to.

BTW - I was lucky enough to be on a couple of winning teams but I was also on teams that did next to nothing. You know when you are retired you have plenty of time and I had no trouble getting a lot done. I have not joined in anything on CS for the last few years. I do still get some kits once in a while.
nchoney wrote:I had finally joined my first PSL the las year that CS actually hosted it. I did a ton of layouts - about 300 pages. Non were ALSB but they were all fairly generic photos so I was power scrapping for sure. The push helped me scrap lots of photos about what went on during Hurricane Irene and then someone posted a comment asking if I would scrap something else less depressing. That wasn't a comment I expected and I think that started me re-evaluating my loyalty to the whole CS group. I had been way behind on scrapping and had (still have) dozens of untouched kits. So I finally unsubscribed. One of my new goals is to start using those kits!! :-)
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

First I'm appalled that anyone would have the nerve to tell another what they can scrap! I'm nodding my head at everything being said. I'm thankful for joining CS, learning about scrapping after years before being totally turned off of it by CM, aquiring great kits and an appreciation for gorgeous papers and best of all meeting all of you. I enjoy this forum so much more for its sharing of creativity and ideas with no product restrictions.

It's a happy place here and a good fit for me.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

on the last team that we earned points
I got a private email from someone
Either get more scrapped or quit

I was on the no point team several years but
someone wasn't happy with me being captain all the time
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO

Northeast Illinois
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Oh, I remember the days of the Yahoo groups. I spent WAY too much time moderating. There was also one insane December when the Yahoo group crashed or was blocked and I wound up sending invitations out for a new group. But then I wound up being the group owner. Ugh. LOL

This is a good interface for a small membership, but just wasn't working for the number of members in the CS group.

It's definitely the nicest group of scrappers I know!! :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

The watercolorist was Elizabeth Brantley, I believe

I remember her lighthouses and her flowers were
wonderful
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

jmp1022 wrote:on the last team that we earned points
I got a private email from someone
Either get more scrapped or quit

I was on the no point team several years but
someone wasn't happy with me being captain all the time

Jill that is just despicable of someone to say that to you. I'm so sorry. I know we had competitive people but I didn't know anyone would be so rude over scrapping and points. I hope you told Tricia about this.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I'm certainly glad I never had any of these negative experiences you gals had with PSL. Jeesh. That's scary. No one ever told me to scrap more or less, or complained about what I was scrapping. That's nearly unbelievable to my mind. I would have run for the hills.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

No didn't tell anyone then because of what happened to a lady in Canada

she sent her email to her and nothing was done
Now this happened when we still had yahoo group
And the lady doesn't talk to anyone on the board.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I was shocked to hear that Karjira was rude to someone. I always thought her comments were so interesting. So sad!

A lot of us had bad experiences (or we wouldn't have moved away, I think) but I had a lot of great experiences for sure!
Pam Cook #48