21 pages - Thanksgiving weekend challenge

jfugina

21 pages - Thanksgiving weekend challenge

Post by jfugina »

I got up to 21 pages from my self-challenge, and I feel like I can knock out a few more over the next two days, but here's what I've done so far.

Jake's birthday, November 2015. I tried to use sketches from the 6x6 paper pad class, and I just don't love those sketches still. But Jake's birthday from that year is now mostly done.
IMG_0991.jpg
IMG_0991.jpg (65.34 KiB) Viewed 328 times
IMG_0992.jpg
IMG_0992.jpg (90.61 KiB) Viewed 328 times
Pack family campout, April 2015. I have had papers from the Webster's Pages "Yacht Club" collection set aside with these photos forever, because we were on the lake and went sailing. But I had a devil of a time actually using them. This was another set I wasn't super excited about, but they're at least done.
IMG_0993.jpg
IMG_0993.jpg (79.67 KiB) Viewed 328 times
IMG_0994.jpg
IMG_0994.jpg (61.17 KiB) Viewed 328 times
Halloween, 2015. Yet another Trunk or Treat layout.
IMG_0996.jpg
IMG_0996.jpg (75.63 KiB) Viewed 328 times
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jfugina

Re: 21 pages - Thanksgiving weekend challenge

Post by jfugina »

Girl Scout Neighborhood Camp, August 2015. We did SO MUCH CAMPING in 2015. I just need these in my "done" stack. This was a special event camp, and the first time the girls were old enough to run a station, rather than just participate.
IMG_0985.jpg
IMG_0985.jpg (151.35 KiB) Viewed 327 times
Girl Scout Troop Camp, May 2015. MORE CAMPING! This was cool though - we camped totally on our own, and the girls had a cabin, and I shared a cabin with the other leader. I'm pretty happy with this layout.
IMG_0987.jpg
IMG_0987.jpg (161.49 KiB) Viewed 327 times
Back to School, 2015. I spent a lot of time on this one. I've been trying to kill off the "Old School" collection from Pink Paislee for YEARS. I still haven't succeeded, but I did manage to take some of the embellishments and just toss them, because they're just too strange. I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out. I wanted to do a good job because those are my FAVORITE back to school pictures of Nicole and Jake ever.
IMG_0988.jpg
IMG_0988.jpg (78.66 KiB) Viewed 327 times
July 4, 2016 - the photos weren't really very good, but I put this together with the leftovers from the layout below.
IMG_0989.jpg
IMG_0989.jpg (113.91 KiB) Viewed 327 times
July 4, 2017 - I don't often take photos on July 4th, because it just feels like the same thing all the time. But this time I did. I think I'm coming to terms with the fact that any year may be the last that we get to spend with my grandparents. And while it wasn't who I expected to leave us, one person in this layout did pass away a month ago.
IMG_0990.jpg
IMG_0990.jpg (73.02 KiB) Viewed 327 times
Julie Fugina
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Last 2 layouts, until tomorrow at least.

Cub Scout family campout, Fall 2015. Yep, more camping in 2015. Wonder why I haven't done much scrapping the past two years? Apparently, I was CAMPING! This is a fun place though. It's a youth group campground with really nice facilities. The big new thing for us was that Rob was totally in charge of food now. Packing for camp is an ordeal, but packing 4 meals for 100 people and the equipment to cook it all, was a whole different level of packing.
IMG_0982.jpg
IMG_0982.jpg (75.64 KiB) Viewed 327 times
She and Me Girl Scout camp, January 2017. This is another special event camp that our Girl Scout neighborhood puts on, but Nicole is too old to participate, unless she wants to go and work. But my niece was in her 2nd year of scouting and hadn't been to our campground yet. So I took her as my "she". They used to call it "mother-daughter camp", but had some dads who wanted to bring their daughters, so they changed it to She and Me. My sister in law refuses to camp, so my niece was super excited for me to take her.
IMG_0983.jpg
IMG_0983.jpg (83.74 KiB) Viewed 327 times
Julie Fugina
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, well done. They all look really good. I can't imagine doing that many layouts in one weekend. And, it's not over yet! :shock:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Wow you did it!!! And they are all fantastic. You are amazing Julie. Enjoy that wonderful feeling of accomplishment.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Very nice! Congrats!
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thanks everyone! At this point, in just my chronological albums, here's what I've got left laying out on the table, awaiting inspiration:

2015: 10 events/subjects/occasions
2016: 11 occasions
2017: 33, but that's only the stuff I've got specifically sorted. There's then an entire pile of several hundred photos of marching band. I have no clue how many layouts that's going to amount to. :shock:

Another good couple of days like these have been, and I could conceivably wrap up 2015 and 2016. That would be absolutely amazing. I'd love to get those two years' albums up to the library shelves. But I'm also just about out of empty layouts. So maybe my next play time will just be spent building up my stash of empties.
Julie Fugina
Monica

Post by Monica »

:clap: :clap: Way to go, Julie! I'm itching to be back in my room and do a few more pages. Having a blast with family but about ready for my own space again.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Fantastic results, Julie. I'm impressed over the moon.

Scrapbook Generation is having a sale on those sketch books. Tell me again which one is your favorite. I'm mainly interested in two-pagers. Thanks.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

way to go!!!
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Wow! Duly impressed! :clap:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Way to go Julie!! Great collection of finished layouts there. Looking forward to more.
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

You did a great job, Julie! Love your camping layouts.
Kathryn.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

ScrappinJen wrote:Fantastic results, Julie. I'm impressed over the moon.

Scrapbook Generation is having a sale on those sketch books. Tell me again which one is your favorite. I'm mainly interested in two-pagers. Thanks.
I have 1-5 in bound copy, and I think I have 7-8 digital. I don't think I own #6 at all. I can't tell any of the digital ones from each other, because I printed them all and have them ordered by number of photos all in a single binder. However, I don't think I have a favorite between 2-5. I think #1 is the one I go to the least. I also have the travel sketches, which I thought I'd use a lot, but don't. Each of volumes 1-8 are all two-pagers, and only a very small handful have as few as 4 photos. I imagine you can't go wrong with any of them. I know you are mostly looking at two pagers, but I've also got both volumes of the one-page sketches, as well as the "One on One" book, and I use all three pretty regularly. The only things I've really not used at all is the Sketch Magic and Sketch Fusion books. The Simple Stories look never really grew on me.

I've not purchased anything from them in a couple of years. So I don't have any of their "Simply Sketches" stuff. Ten sketches for $5 seems like a good deal though. Maybe grab one or two of those for download and see how you feel about them. Or grab volume 3 of the original set. It's pretty classic - I'm going to use that one to make a bunch of empties today.

Every single layout in this post is based off of a SG sketch, and they're not all from the same book.
Julie Fugina
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Great job Julie! They are all nice, makes me tired just looking.