New Oxides - My Favorite Colors

Save some $ Find out what works
paddlegal

New Oxides - My Favorite Colors

Post by paddlegal »

Last night 6 colors of the new Oxides arrived. LOVE them. I held back from getting all 12 since the other colors are the duller ones. Maybe I’ll grab them another time. A Cherry On Top had decent prices so I went for it.

This swatch shows the color first swiped directly from pad and then blended out with a water brush. Did I mention I love these? Blueprint Sketch may be my favorite. It made me gasp. :lol: I’m meeting up with my Wednesday craft buddies and can’t wait to play with them. I’ll also be working on our February Card Challenge...hoping to post it tonight.
Attachments
8F73078F-F0F6-4603-B678-1CC9218CA69C.jpeg
8F73078F-F0F6-4603-B678-1CC9218CA69C.jpeg (100.97 KiB) Viewed 356 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Re: New Oxides - My Favorite Colors

Post by Monica »

Those are gorgeous! I'm getting mine from a local (in my state) scrapbook store. That blueprint sketch was the one I wanted as soon as I saw it and seeing your sample of it makes me even more sure. Such a gorgeous deep blue!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Those look super.... I think my fave is mermaid lagoon!! but the blueprint one is a super vivid blue, too... might need to get both of those :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Swooning...the Blueprint Blue is lovely. maybe the perfect shade of blue?
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I don't think I can pick a favourite. Even Carved Pumpkin is gorgeous - and I hate pumpkin :roll:
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

nchoney wrote:Those look super.... I think my fave is mermaid lagoon!! but the blueprint one is a super vivid blue, too... might need to get both of those :-)

Debi, Mermaid Lagoon was a close second. Really they are all just amazing colors. And when the water hits them, fabulous. I am excited about them all.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I love those colors too. and I really like the idea of a swatch page with the direct application, then faded into watercolor. Every time I take out an ink, I rub it on a scrap bit of paper to see if it's the right color. A swatch book would make so much more sense.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

jfugina wrote:I love those colors too. and I really like the idea of a swatch page with the direct application, then faded into watercolor. Every time I take out an ink, I rub it on a scrap bit of paper to see if it's the right color. A swatch book would make so much more sense.
That's what I always did too, I'd pull all my blue inks and test them all, every time. So glad I finally started my swatch book, which you can see at this post: http://www.paperartistsonline.com/forum ... ch&start=0 When I update my Distress Oxide page - which will mean redoing the whole thing because Ranger's sheet only lists the currently available colours - I'll probably add the fade out to watercolour part.
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

Joann is having a sale on them - 3.59 each. A couple of weeks ago I finally ordered 12, at the same price. Since they are having another sale, I'll be adding to my collection. I love these. They layer beautifully, and I especially like the intense colors. It took me a while to order my first set, but these are definitely on my "collect" list.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I think that one is my favorite also Debi! I haven't gotten any new inks in quite a while but may have to look into these.
nchoney wrote:Those look super.... I think my fave is mermaid lagoon!! but the blueprint one is a super vivid blue, too... might need to get both of those :-)
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO