Tape, glue ?

Save some $ Find out what works
Laurie

Tape, glue ?

Post by Laurie »

In the past, since it has been so long since I've scrapped, I used tape adhesive for my ATC tape runner. I like that, but wondering if there is anything else better. If not, where is the cheapest place to order tape adhesive?
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
pamcook

Re: Tape, glue ?

Post by pamcook »

I still use my ATG and usually get refills using coupons at Michaels. There’s a couple of online sources and Framingsupplies.com is one of them.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I'm not an ATG fan and mostly use small tape runners, Tombow is a reliable brand. But I also wanted to mention Xtreme adhesive; it, too, is a tape runner by Tombow, and does an amazing job for holding hard-to-stick items like paper-to-glitter paper for example. A bit pricier than regular tape runners so I don't use it exclusively, but I always have it on hand for when I need it. The other product I'm loving these days is the Tombow mono liquid glue in the green/white bottle. I used to be a big fan of Uhu glue sticks for things that wouldn't be in a page protector, and while I still do like Uhu, it's impossible to keep it off you hands and just where you want it. So for precision gluing I reach for the Tombow. I swear it's a coincidence these products are all by the same company - but I guess it proves they do what they do well.
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm still a fan of the regular double-sided Scotch tape for daily use... pay $3 for a desktop tape dispenser and $5 for a 2 pack of refill rolls at Target. Been using that for 20 years now and have never had a problem. I do use the Tombow mono for travel. And my current favorite tape for thin things, like paper strips and ribbon, is the Scor Tape in 1/8" width... but I'll warn you once you touch it to the paper it's permanent!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

When using a dry adhesive I still reach mostly for the ATG. I’ve been buying mine from Amazon Prime.

Both 1/2” and 1/4”. This brand works fine for me. Not sure how good the price compares elsewhere. But I like to buy in bulk.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TQ ... UTF8&psc=1

But when I want to use glue my new all time favorite is now the Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive. It’s wonderful. Never clogs, dries clear and quickly with a few seconds for wiggle room adjustments. Love it.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I second what Farley said. I’m a Nuvo convert.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I still use my ATG also. I order the refills from Amazon. If I need a liquid glue, I use Aleene's clear gel Tacky Glue. Holds darned near everything and some things I don't want it to! :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Farley and Debbie, does the Nuvo dry with a matte finish, or is it glossy? So far I've been using Matte Accents when I want to make sure any glue seepage disappears, but if the Nuvo dries matte I'll try it.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I mostly use my atg
but when a project needs glue I use the CS bookbinding glue
Ive tried the scotch but it doesn't want to leavve the bottle.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I use a variety of adhesives.... my ATG, for sure... and I last ordered a bundle of spools of tape from an eBay seller and they're working fine.

I use other assorted liquid glues depending on what I'm gluing and what's easiest to grab at the time. I've got a couple bottles with fine-tip applicators on them.. I've got a white glue and a clear glue in them... use those for attaching intricate diecuts..
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Keitha wrote:Farley and Debbie, does the Nuvo dry with a matte finish, or is it glossy? So far I've been using Matte Accents when I want to make sure any glue seepage disappears, but if the Nuvo dries matte I'll try it.

Keitha it dries with a matte finish. One of the many reasons I love it...when I mess up and smear it, it doesn’t really show up. I now use it for all of my 3D projects like all of those tea boxes I made for Christmas. Because of it’s fast drying time (with wiggle room) I can really produce quickly and get a big project done. I also use it for the fine delicate dies because I can control a fine line from the bottle. It never clogs...my biggest bugaboo about ALL other glue bottles. I bought some of those empty fine tipped bottles and they clogged on me even with the pin insert. I hate those. :lol:

There is a Nuvo bottle in my to-go bag and 3 more on my desk.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I finally bought the Nuvo and I love it for all the reasons Farley mentioned.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

And the tip is ideal for deftailed glueing.