Gloobies

Save some $ Find out what works
ScrappinJen

Gloobies

Post by ScrappinJen »

While digging through Christmas decoration boxes, I just came across a box of colored Gloobies hot glue sticks that I bought at a rubberstamp show years ago. Does anyone know why I bought them? Tee hee hee.

I know there was a technique being shown at the booth. But I don't remember what it was? I'd like to use them for something? Any suggestions?

Keep it clean.
mpizzazz

Re: Gloobies

Post by mpizzazz »

Weren't those colored glue sticks used to make window clings? I can't remember now how it was done but I never had any luck with them. But I'm always glue gun challenged.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

I remember them being used to make "faux seals". Not the animals that swim and catch fish, but the circles of wax with a design impressed that were used to seal old documents. You could use a rubber stamp while the glue was still hot, and leave it to cool and harden before peeling them apart. Then use them as embellishments......And No I never tried it :lol:
Kathryn.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I've never heard of Gloobies. I'm sorry ladies, but it sounds like I didn't miss much :?
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Too funny. I ran across a couple of gold glue sticks when I was packing up the s/craproom and laughed.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I think Kathryn's right about using them for faux "wax seals" but be sure to stamp your stamp in some versamark ink before smooshing it into the glue stick gloobie.... you don't want it to stick to the glue...
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Weren't they also used in silicone molds for embellishments too?
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Jen would you like mine? :lol:

I’m pretty sure I fell for them also for the purpose of making embellishments. It was after I took a class from Suze Weinberg. She was all about glitzy, over the top embellishments and using them for jewelry as well. That’s what got me interested. I tried it once and hated messing with them. Actually I hate glue guns in general. Never used one but a few times and then I was done with them. I know there are glue gun pros out there but I’m not one of them.

And as Debi mentioned, be sure to use Versamark ink on the stamp first before pressing into your Gloobies.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Club Scrap had some of them in that kit that looked like a zoo kit. I remember using them to stamp my Deborah stamp into them to seal envelopes.
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

I never heard them called "gloobies" but I have them too. Before the advent of Stickles and Nuvo Drops, I used to make dots on my heat resistant work sheet. You could also make decorations using those molds, but you had to put a little veggie oil spray into them or the hardened hot glue would not come out. (I learned the hard way).

Now I just use them as "Glue" when making wreaths or anything that absolutely has to hold together.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I never heard of these either, but I wonder if you could use them like those "mod melts" I got a year or two ago. Those went in a hot glue gun also, but they weren't especially sticky. They went into molds and came out pretty easily.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO