Oh Pam... aka Enabler Alert

Save some $ Find out what works
Keitha

Oh Pam... aka Enabler Alert

Post by Keitha »

I am continually surprised that there is still a scrapbook store in North Bay where I am working, especially given what a sad little collection of product they have on offer. I refer to it as the LSSS (local sad scrapbook store). It occupies a side room of the camera/astronomy shop, and I suspect back in the day was a side venture for the 'mom' of the mom and pop operation. Now it's just mostly forgotten. I do make it a point to stop in occasionally; for one thing they always have the free Scrapbook and Cards Today magazines so there's that. And I'm sometimes surprised at random finds; last week's was a metal shim for my Cuttlebug, to assist in cutting those thin metal dies which can be pesky. I have learned to go in with zero expectations so I'm not disappointed.

The other discovery last week was a paper collection from a company I'd never heard of: Ella & Viv. When I spotted it hanging there I immediately thought of Pam; the collection is called Spice Market: http://www.ellaandvivpapercompany.com/spice-market

Finally had time today to look up Ella & Viv; they've got some unique stuff. They also have a 'where to buy' link; I don't have a use for Spice Market but I see some other papers I'd be happy to own, so might just have to place an online order.
nchoney

Re: Oh Pam... aka Enabler Alert

Post by nchoney »

I think you can order right from that site.... and I just saw the Halloween papers and some cool stickers... wow... it's SO refreshing to see designs that are so totally different... there's a really cool Modern Art set, too...

I think the shipping just counted me out.... I checked what it'd be for one kit... $11.00 for the papers and then $6.00 shipping ... for 12 pieces of paper. And then I added another kit that was $11 for 8 pieces of paper and the sticker sheet... it put shipping up another $2 ... so... total of $30 ... darn it... some of those were super pretty... but I can live without that... for now, anyway.

but... hmmmm... Scrapbook.com has their line, as well... *grins*

Those designers also design the Reminisce lines of papers.... Scrapbook.com has a very cool mermaid line. I think that'll be perfect for scrapping last year's mermaid ring activity from re-create. :-)

Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I'm not listening to you two. Covering my ears - la la la la la. Must stop buying paper.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Some of their lines are available on Amazon.com .... save on shipping there... but I think I have to stop myself, too... maybe I'll have Mike get me the mermaid paper for my birthday... it's not on Amazon, so I didn't order it right now.. Scrapbook.com's shipping is pricey too... :-(
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I placed a small order from Scrapbook.com. Mostly Ella & Viv; I cherry-picked the papers I liked from Modern Art, Le Cirque and the 80's - I've an 80's disco birthday party to scrap. Debi, I thought the Halloween line was good also, but don't have a need for any so left it out of my cart.

I already have an idea for the mermaid ring-making photos when I get around to them, but that is a good collection for all things mermaid.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Of course I had to look. LOVE the Modern Art collection! And Spice is great also. But not buying any. I’m not, not, not.

Since I’m getting 6x6 pads from SSS each month I’m using that to satisfy my paper habit. :roll:
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oh man. I seriously need that collection - if I go there again. There could be another move in their near future but goodness that collection is gorgeous!
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote:Oh man. I seriously need that collection - if I go there again. There could be another move in their near future but goodness that collection is gorgeous!

You can always do what I did and just order a few papers, rather than the whole collection. I'm trying really hard to break myself of the 'have to have it all' mentality. Of course there are occasions where I make an exception ;)
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Love the Mermaid kit but that Modern Art is something else. I'm trying to figure out what I could use it for. Maybe just frame it for the walls????

My Dreamcatcher kit is from Reminisce. I love most of their designs. But the packs are very small.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I may have to look to see if the Dreamcatcher stuff is still available.... I still have Arizona photos to finish scrapping :-)
Debi Daugherty
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts