Two Useful Things I Used in Weekend Challenge.

Save some $ Find out what works
paddlegal

Two Useful Things I Used in Weekend Challenge.

Post by paddlegal »

I mentioned on another thread how I learned from Julie Ebersole to make up ahead embossed sentiments. This I did and it was a time saver for several of the cards I made this weekend. I'll go through my smaller sentiments and make more of these. This would also be great for holiday sentiments embossed in metallics.

The second useful item is my new favorite adhesive. Many of the pro paper artists seem to be using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive. I got a bottle finally last week and I LOVE it! It makes a nice fine line and doesn't clog. It also gives you a few seconds of wiggle time so you can line up whatever you're gluing correctly. And of course it dries clear.
Attachments
IMG_3649.jpg
IMG_3649.jpg (135.38 KiB) Viewed 407 times
IMG_3648.jpg
IMG_3648.jpg (80.2 KiB) Viewed 407 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Re: Two Useful Things I Used in Weekend Challenge.

Post by pamcook »

I've heard a lot about that adhesive. Does it dry matte or shiny?
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I think that embossing some of your favorite sentiment stamps in bulk is a very smart move. Sometimes I avoid embossing because I don't want to deal with the mess, or set up to use the heat gun (I have a piece of glass that I use to keep my other surfaces from melting). But if you know you're going to use them several times, it's so smart to do a bunch at once.

Regarding favorite adhesive, I nearly wept for joy when I found a bottle of my favorite glue in the back of my die cut cabinet. I haven't seen it in stores for a long time. But I may find myself looking for a new favorite when this bottle is gone, so thanks for the recommendation!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I bought 4 bottles of the Nuevo glue at the Scrapbook Convention. One booth had it for 2.00 a bottle. Also bought a bunch of tape runners for 1.00 each. They were selling those by the dozen in boxes like fire!! I also bought 3 ring Snap binders by Simple Stories for 12.00 each. Very nice sturdy and they had PINK for the granddaughters. I went back for one more for Jak and he was so,d out.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I use Scotch Quick Drying Tacky Glue (used to be labeled Quick Dry Adhesive) in a Fineline bottle and I love it.

Love that idea of embossing the sentiments ahead of time and will be copying for sure.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

ScrappinJen wrote:I use Scotch Quick Drying Tacky Glue (used to be labeled Quick Dry Adhesive) in a Fineline bottle and I love it.

Love that idea of embossing the sentiments ahead of time and will be copying for sure.
That's my favorite too! Haven't seen it in stores in a couple of years though. Not available through Amazon either. They have a "tacky glue" that looks very similar, but doesn't have the red precision tip, and while it claims to be acid free in the Q/A section, I couldn't see anything on the official product description.

Is the Fineline bottle the red tipped one? With the lid that allows you to store it upside down? Do you know of a place where I could get it online?
Julie Fugina
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

This is the fine line bottle I use. I purchased some at Amazon and I also bought one at hobby lobby in the model plane aisle.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00756OF ... ref=plSrch

I have been told that the scotch tacky adhesive is the same one that used to be called quick dry. My bottle says acid-free.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Aha! I get it now! So you're transferring the adhesive to a different bottle. I didn't read it that way before. I just put a pack of those bottles in my cart. Thanks!!!
Julie Fugina
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:I've heard a lot about that adhesive. Does it dry matte or shiny?

Pam it dries with a matte finish. Its a winner.

Julie I know the glue you are talking about and it's great also. I have a bottle of it that is nearly out. So the Nuvo is a favorite. I've used the empty bottles with the fine nibs but even those I've had trouble with them gluing themselves shut. So Nuvo is my glue now without having to use any other extra bottles.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

paddlegal wrote:
pamcook wrote:I've heard a lot about that adhesive. Does it dry matte or shiny?

Pam it dries with a matte finish. Its a winner.

Julie I know the glue you are talking about and it's great also. I have a bottle of it that is nearly out. So the Nuvo is a favorite. I've used the empty bottles with the fine nibs but even those I've had trouble with them gluing themselves shut. So Nuvo is my glue now without having to use any other extra bottles.
I'll have to check it out. I have so many liquid adhesives in my stash - trying to remember to use them since they take up so much room (and why do I feel the need to have a stash of liquid adhesive anyway!?).
Pam Cook #48