Words and Sentiments - dies and stamps

Save some $ Find out what works
Keitha

Words and Sentiments - dies and stamps

Post by Keitha »

So Pam mentioned word dies in another thread, which makes me curious as to which are your favourites? I never seem to have just the right sentiment or word on those few occasions I do make cards. Perhaps that's why I'm so reluctant to invest in more, because I hardly use them.
I probably make less than a dozen cards/year - and that includes the handful of Christmas cards I might make. I did buy a set of Christmas sentiments last year so probably have those covered. The other cards tend to be either thank you's, or more generic 'thinking of you' types. But taking into account different styles of cards, it's hard to know what style of words to buy - is there any one generic font that works for all? And I'd also love to hear ideas for words on generic card fronts that isn't just 'hello'. Does anybody make a nice 'hey' die or 'how are you' set? Seriously, I'd probably use that.
paddlegal

Re: Words and Sentiments - dies and stamps

Post by paddlegal »

I do have and use several one word sentiment dies that are typical generic thoughts. I think this is when the digital cutters come into play and give you just what you want. "Welding" letters together for a continuous word or phrase is one thing I've figured out on my KNK and use when I think of it.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Hello and Happy get used quite a bit on my cards. The set I just bought has friend, smile, hello and thanks.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I have quite a few and right now I'm mainly using Christmas ones - Joy, Noel, Merry Christmas sre the main ones there. I do have Hello, friend, Congratulation Happy Birthday, Best Wishes, Hello Friend, Thank You & With Love.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I'm going to look through my dies and figure out what sentiments/words I have.... mine are more for layouts - like the travel/vacation words... but I need to do some sorting

as far as stamps go... I've got a ton of sentiments/quotes/phrases ... from the zillion CS sheets to SU collections... and many more in-between

I did just get another order in via Aliexpress.com (the slow boat from China) and, for the first time, found a problem with the stamps.... one of the words has a wrong letter in it... and then there are tiny names under some quotes and one of the names is missing a letter... but for under $2, I can't complain much.... LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com