Swatch this!

Save some $ Find out what works
nchoney

Re: Swatch this!

Post by nchoney »

great idea.... I think I wrote the manufacturer on the top of the tag somewhere, but I could cover that up, I'm sure
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Not trying to brag here or anything, but here is my swatch ring for all of my embossing folders. Well, not all of them because I have purchased a few, perhaps, since I made this last year. I need to add the latest purchases. And I do peruse them whenever I'm looking for a folder to use. Which I am proud to say I am actually using now. I try to use them on everything. Yes, we all have an addiction. I would say EFs are mine.
Attachments
IMG_7849.JPG
IMG_7849.JPG (188.04 KiB) Viewed 415 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Sorry that photo is so huge. You all shamed me and I added my eight latest purchases to the rings. Including two from Downton Abbey and one from Disney. Woo hoo. Now to use them!!!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

:shock:
Speechless. The embossed tags is a brilliant idea.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Holy Mother of embossing folders! You have a fabulous collection!
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I only planned to swatch my colour mediums, but wonder if I did this if I would think of/use them more? Of course that might lead to sample diecuts, and then stamped images...

One thing I am determined to do is keep all my swatches in one place as a master reference tool; I've put samples of things on rings before, but they just get stuck in a corner somewhere never to be seen again. So far, my colour swatch book is a fixture on my table.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Don't tell me those are in alphabetical order too?
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

No, I'm not that crazy. They are organized by theme. HA HA HA

Nature and outdoors, Tim Holtz, my hobbies and interests (biking, photography, music), and holidays from Valentines to Christmas. By the way, in my re-organization, I discovered nine more that had not been added to my rings nor filed.

It's a sickness requiring a 12 step program
Monica

Post by Monica »

Keitha, when I was diligent about indexing mine I kept them in a 3 ring binder on one side of my desk, for easy reference. I'm wondering if I shouldn't go back to something easier, maybe do another big purge and see if that helps. :lol: Says the crazy woman.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

nchoney wrote:I'm thinking about doing something like Jennifer McGuire's swatch book... they're in sections by colors and then marked by manufacturer so she can color-match things and then find the right inkpads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9LAnJxviJQ
I finally took a few minutes to watch this video. Probably more organization than I need, but I can see where it would be an invaluable tool if I used a lot more inkpads. A good reminder that there is more than one way to set up an organizational system and to do what works for you.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I think I like the idea of indexing all my diecuts... it'll be easier to know what I've got in those bins... and I can make notes about which ones need a shim, etc. THAT part would be super helpful...

I think it'd weigh less to carry upstairs to re-create, too.... then if someone wants a particular die, I can bring it up the next morning.... OR.... I can park the bins downstairs and just keep the index notebook upstairs and folks can go down and grab what they want to use... oohhh THAT idea would work best, I think. I could even leave one of the BigShots down there, too.... (who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks??)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

nchoney wrote:I think I like the idea of indexing all my diecuts... it'll be easier to know what I've got in those bins... and I can make notes about which ones need a shim, etc. THAT part would be super helpful...

I think it'd weigh less to carry upstairs to re-create, too.... then if someone wants a particular die, I can bring it up the next morning.... OR.... I can park the bins downstairs and just keep the index notebook upstairs and folks can go down and grab what they want to use... oohhh THAT idea would work best, I think. I could even leave one of the BigShots down there, too.... (who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks??)
Great idea, Debi. There would be room down there for an extra table or use the pool table or round table.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

That is impressive
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois