Altenew Stamps

Save some $ Find out what works
pbp908

Altenew Stamps

Post by pbp908 »

I hate to admit defeat, but the Altenew multi-part floral stamps have beat me. Look for them to soon become a distant part of my stash unless someone can tell me the secret to them. I've watched the videos, I've wasted ink and paper, and now I'm just ready to send them sailing across the room.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: Altenew Stamps

Post by pamcook »

They're not the easiest. I have to stand straight over them and still make a mess of some. For some reason I thought you started with the "background" first. Once I figured that out (start with the outline first), I've been more successful. I keep trying to figure out a way to add registration marks to them.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Which specific set is it Pam?

There is an order to how to stamp and it varies from set to set. Also do you have a MISTI or stamp positioning tool? That could help a lot.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

The problem is figuring out which way a couple of them line up. I have a Misti, but it doesn't help if you don't know which way to turn the darned stamp to get it to line up.
Pam P.

paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pbp908 wrote:The problem is figuring out which way a couple of them line up. I have a Misti, but it doesn't help if you don't know which way to turn the darned stamp to get it to line up.

Oh yeah...I have a set like that too. I just go for that "watercolor" look with that one and forget about it being exact. It's annoying for sure.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I have a Papertrey Dahlia set like that. Took me forever to figure out how to line it up. I finally found a diagram on the web. Try a google search. Looking forward to seeing successful results.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Strangely enough, the one that's driving me bonkers is the Dahlia.
Pam P.

Monica

Post by Monica »

Well, I just got the purples and greens ink cubes in the mail from them, so I pulled out my peony stamps to play with and see how I did. My stamping is all freehand, with each piece on a different block, so I knew it wouldn't be precise. The lightest purple came out pink when I stamped it after the first try. and the darkest purple went to pink when I misted it all with biscotti Perfect Pearls. The greens bled like crazy too.... I didn't really have terrible problems with lining up, but I wasn't expecting perfect as others seem to achieve. The colors are more pink IRL than in the photo, especially the outline one that was the darkest purple.

Stamps worked just fine for me, but I'll stick with my Adirondacks, Archivals, and Mementos for inks. None of them bleed that badly with a light misting of PP.

No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Pam, have you looked on their website for the stamping "guides" https://altenew.com/products/dahlia-blossoms

I may have attached the link. I'm so tired, who knows what the link is for!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Sorry, it's not the dahlias, it's the dratted peonies. I'm tired, too, obviously.

This one: https://altenew.com/collections/stamps/ ... ny-bouquet
Pam P.

ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I have to keep referring to the stamping guide on the website. The MISTI is helpful when I take my time. I can set the next layer stamp in place before inking it. All that being said, I feel it just takes lots of practice.
I love that set!!
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I haven't played with mine a lot, but agree you need to have patience. But I don't mind the slightly imperfect offset look - of course it does help to get the pieces more or less the right way up.
Thanks Monica, for the review on their inks; I was debating trying some but I think I'll stick with what I've got for now.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Keitha wrote:I haven't played with mine a lot, but agree you need to have patience. But I don't mind the slightly imperfect offset look - of course it does help to get the pieces more or less the right way up.
Thanks Monica, for the review on their inks; I was debating trying some but I think I'll stick with what I've got for now.
No problem, Keitha. I was disappointed, to be honest. But there's a reason I stick with the inkpads I've had for a long time, and that reminded me why.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Interesting. I love their inks. Your techniques are much more sophisticated than mine though!
Pam Cook #48