WRMK Precision Press

Save some $ Find out what works
paddlegal

WRMK Precision Press

Post by paddlegal »

Okay, how many of you Stampers own a MISTI? I've resisted all this time getting one thinking "I can line up those multi layer stamp sets". Well I can...if I don't mind everything being slightly off. So when I saw We R Memory Keepers' Precision Press and it's reasonable introductory price at Scrapbook.com I caved and ordered one.

It arrived today. I. L. O. V. E. it! So I grabbed one of my frustrating stamp sets and started playing with it with no thought at all to how it could be used or colors. In spite of that I'm happy that I ended up with a useable card. That bird alone is a combo of 9 stamps. I had never been happy with my results until now. Look out...I may be in the market for more layered stamp sets.

Oh and the hinges adjust for height of either clear or rubber cling mount. The bird is a Hero Arts clear set and the ghosts are Unity rubber cling mount. I'm giddy over this tool.
Attachments
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG (141.67 KiB) Viewed 654 times
IMG_0183.JPG
IMG_0183.JPG (162.77 KiB) Viewed 654 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
katymjo

Re: WRMK Precision Press

Post by katymjo »

That looks very impressive, Farley. Great job with the bird stamp.
Kathryn.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

The bird looks perfect! it's great that it adjusts for different thicknesses of stamps. I wondered about that with the Misti.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Mine arrived yesterday as well...but I've not tested it yet. I thought the $30 price was OK to try a new tool. Good to know it works!
The cards are super!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Great cards, Farley. Very intriguing tool... and a much better price point than the MISTI.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

They are pretty amazing. I don't use my MISTI often enough but every time I do I wonder why I don't use it more.
All you card makers truly do need one. How's that for enabling? Farley, Pat, & I piling up the enabling.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I can't wait to play with it more tonight. Another great thing about these tools is if you stamp with it and the first inking isn't solid or dark enough you can restamp it exactly in the same place and get a very crisp image. I tried that with a detailed stamp and it was perfect.
FARLEY in Sacramento
nancine

Post by nancine »

Exactly what we've been saying about the Misti, :lol:(I did get my original Misti straight from the gal who makes them for $40 before they jacked up the price at retail establishments)

The Misti has a foam type sheet, you leave it in for clear stamps, remove for rubber.

This one is nice in that you can use it for scrapping 12x12
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I made a fake one using a DVD case.... but this adjustable hinge deal looks super!! and $30 is definitely a good price point.

Farley.... I liked seeing your cube inkpads in that little photo holder.... holy moley... that's perfect!! I just can't use the metal tins out here with the salt air... but those will be perfect and leak-resistant... have to get some of them!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Wow! Those cards are fabulous! I have a MISTI and never used it. You have made me want to try it out.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Thanks all!

I don't know why I kept putting off the MISTI, but eventually the prices skyrocketed and I decided I didn't need it. NOT. Sure glad WRMK came along with this version. Actually it is a remake of their Letterpress so they've been doing this for many years.

Hoping to get to play more with it tonight.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

My b'day present this year was a 12 x 12 Misti, which I haven't played with much yet. It has 2 foam pads, so that gives you four adjustments for different stamp thicknesses. The little I was able to do I liked, but it was hard figuring out which way to tilt some of the stamps (Altenew florals). Once I have that "aha moment" I'm sure I'll love it.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

The bird came out amazing, that's a lot of
different steps to create the image, but you
nailed it!
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Cool tool! I own a gazillion stamps thanks to my Club Scrap subscriptions, but never had the patience for that detailed pretty stamp layering.

Farley - your bird card is gorgeous!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Great job on that Farley. I haven't looked at any new tools lately. May look into it later. I always have trouble layering things.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO