Hello!!!

Please stop here and introduce yourself!
pbp908

Re: Hello!!!

Post by pbp908 »

Hi Diane!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
dianelynn

Post by dianelynn »

ok. i'm officially pissed off that I can't get a good quality avatar!!! :angry42: it'll just have to be blurry. I'll try again when I have more patience.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

dianelynn wrote:ok. i'm officially pissed off that I can't get a good quality avatar!!! :angry42: it'll just have to be blurry. I'll try again when I have more patience.

Diane, I took my photo and exported it to another file at 90 x 90 then retrieved it from here through the photo browser. I don't know if that makes any difference for you or not. These avatars are always difficult.
FARLEY in Sacramento
dianelynn

Post by dianelynn »

I'm sorry Farley, what???
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Yup, I think if I remember right, I opened my pic up and saved it at 90x90 pixels, too, and it loaded fine....
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
Monica

Post by Monica »

Diane, are you uploading from your PC or from something like Photobucket? Mine is from Photobucket... I resized it down to 90x90 pixels and saved it as an avatar.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Um...computers are not my strong suit, but from my photo editor, Aperture, I use the export feature (which is what I also use for PSL and any other times I must resize my photos before posting them) which gives me the options of where I want to send the photos such as another photo file, desktop, etc. The other option is what size I want it to be. It gives me choices as well as customizing the size. So when I put my avatar here a few days ago I chose to customize the size at 90x90 and sent it to my desktop to make it easy to find from the browser here when I load my avatar.

This really sounds goofy, doesn't it, LOL. But that is how I load photos for PSL very quickly too. Works like a dream.
FARLEY in Sacramento
teacherreilley

Post by teacherreilley »

paddlegal wrote:Cool Diane...nice to see you here also. Now I can call Kim the enabler along with Jen. Usually it's my fault :lol:
Farley you definitely get the prize for being the group enabler :enabler: you start running and we all just scramble to keep up!

But Diane is diabolical! She gets me to do things no one gets me to do. Patience is here most influential weapon she just plants a seed and then just pretends to move on and lets it fester and sprout on its own. She was the one after all to convince to sign up for CS summer camp before I received my first kit!

You should all beware of any proposal from Diane that ends with "how hard could it be?"
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Hi Diane!! :happywave:
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Diane I thought I welcomed you but don't see it so Welcome Aboard!!!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
dianelynn

Post by dianelynn »

Monica wrote:Diane, are you uploading from your PC or from something like Photobucket? Mine is from Photobucket... I resized it down to 90x90 pixels and saved it as an avatar.
I am uploading from my pc. even when I make the photo 90x90 in photoshop, the file size is too large. to make the file smaller, the whole thing ends up crazy pixelated. i thought the smaller you made it, the sharper it would be? but apparently I'm stretching it out somewhere along the way.
dianelynn

Post by dianelynn »

teacherreilley wrote: But Diane is diabolical! She gets me to do things no one gets me to do. Patience is here most influential weapon she just plants a seed and then just pretends to move on and lets it fester and sprout on its own. She was the one after all to convince to sign up for CS summer camp before I received my first kit!

You should all beware of any proposal from Diane that ends with "how hard could it be?"
just so you know, I firmly believe not many things in life are hard. some just take more practice :creating:
Paula

Post by Paula »

dianelynn wrote:
teacherreilley wrote: But Diane is diabolical! She gets me to do things no one gets me to do. Patience is here most influential weapon she just plants a seed and then just pretends to move on and lets it fester and sprout on its own. She was the one after all to convince to sign up for CS summer camp before I received my first kit!

just so you know, I firmly believe not many things in life are hard. some just take more practice :creating:
that is a great way to look at things!
Monica

Post by Monica »

dianelynn wrote:
Monica wrote:Diane, are you uploading from your PC or from something like Photobucket? Mine is from Photobucket... I resized it down to 90x90 pixels and saved it as an avatar.
I am uploading from my pc. even when I make the photo 90x90 in photoshop, the file size is too large. to make the file smaller, the whole thing ends up crazy pixelated. i thought the smaller you made it, the sharper it would be? but apparently I'm stretching it out somewhere along the way.
Hmmm.... Sorry, I can't help you then. I resize mine after uploading to Photobucket, which is where I keep all my foum badges and photos. Hopefully one of the Photoshop whizkids can help you!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Hang on - BRB.....

Go to:
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
On the left hand menu, select Avatar.
In Create Avatar box, choose your photo. It gives you a browse option so remember where your photo is and then select it.
Set the avatar size for 90.
Click "resize."
Not sure how to take you from here with Windows. On Macs the resized photo then pops up and you do a "Save As" - it might work the same way for Windows. Then you can upload the newly resized photo as your avatar.

Hope this helps.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com