I'm new hear, but not really new!!

Please stop here and introduce yourself!
troublesmom

Re: I'm new hear, but not really new!!

Post by troublesmom »

I am still getting CS and have liked most of the recent kits. I don't like January bit will deal with it. I did love Aspen. I don't know how much longer I will stay but I'm really not buying "extras" like I used to
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Sdscrapper

Post by Sdscrapper »

Cheryl, this month's kit left me uninspired. Grunge isn't my thing. lately they have been hit or miss for me. But when you're addicted, you get it anyway and feel like you have to have it all!! That is my worst thing - it was all or nothing for me so I'm working with that part of my personality. Now too bad that all-or nothing attitude doesn't carry over into things like exercise!!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I usually am good with exercise but with this bitter winter & hubby recovering from major surgery I don't have time or energy for that.
Sdscrapper wrote:Cheryl, this month's kit left me uninspired. Grunge isn't my thing. lately they have been hit or miss for me. But when you're addicted, you get it anyway and feel like you have to have it all!! That is my worst thing - it was all or nothing for me so I'm working with that part of my personality. Now too bad that all-or nothing attitude doesn't carry over into things like exercise!!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Sdscrapper wrote:Cheryl, this month's kit left me uninspired. Grunge isn't my thing. lately they have been hit or miss for me. But when you're addicted, you get it anyway and feel like you have to have it all!! That is my worst thing - it was all or nothing for me so I'm working with that part of my personality. Now too bad that all-or nothing attitude doesn't carry over into things like exercise!!
I know the feeling!!! I've been getting kits from there for 12 years now and I know I should consider dropping, but it's really hard.

Welcome to PAO though!! You will love it here!!! :happywave:
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
nancine

Post by nancine »

Welcome to PAO - great seeing you here :clap:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I had to break the addiction to kits gradually, too. Got the large CS kit and then went down to the smaller one. Then dropped that and changed over to digi. It really helped that there was a year or so where I really disliked most of the kits. I did the Scrapbook Generations for almost a year and then found myself not using anything and was just basically collecting kits. So that was the end of my kit addiction. I still occasionally check out the Swirly Doos kit sales, but at this point I have enough to last for years. I've been trying to use things up by RAKs and making albums for gifts using the ALSB pages format, but dang - the stuff just seems to breed every time I turn off the lights. Being a hoarder wtih certain papers doesn't help, either. Would you believe that I'm just starting to use the old old winter/snow kit? That one must be 13 years old.

And of course all of the enabling here doesn't help a bit. :oops:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Using supplies from 13 years ago? Yeah, I totally believe it. Just this weekend I pulled out a piece of Creative Memories paper that looked like it would be a great supplement to one of the pre-assembled layouts I pulled out.

One of my goals for the new year is to not buy any new supplies (other than adhesive) for an entire year. And I don't intend to take a year off of scrapping in order to do it. I hope to scrap through all of my 2013 photos, and get well into 2014 without buying anything new. We'll see how well that works out. The lot of enablers we've got here might get the better of me. ;)
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Mary...hello there!
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I just went over and looked at the Grafitti kit. It's not what I would classify as grunge, more like a mish mash of grafitti that you'd see on a passing box car. Yuck.

I think the last kit they had that I liked was Cape Cod and before that Versailles. I looked at the other kits and saw the same colors that I already have from them, and they still have one of my primary objections - the huge designs. I will say that I dearly loved their older paper stock - heavy and wonderfully textured. The linen texture from Stratosphere was my favorite, I think. I do miss that and wish they stocked more of those older papers. They're really a great company and I wish them the best - I just moved on from that look.

At this point, I don't even know if I have a style anymore. I see so many things that I like, and then they end up just sitting here collecting dust until Monica prods me into getting off my duff. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Welcome back!

And Pam... that's my job! :lol:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Sdscrapper wrote:I see familiar faces from my years spent on the Club Scrap forum. I'm trying once again to stick to my cancellation of the CS kit. Seems I always get sucked back in and probably because I miss the forum. So you guys, help me!! I love to stamp and to scrap. Been at it for about 16 years. And you can image in 16 years - I have a room full. I'm going to start Tiffany (from "thescraprack.com") 2014 organizing challenge. It's a time to do a little purging ad low and behold, I got an email from my lss about a project they are doing with Lutheran Social Services and making scrapbook for kids in the foster care system. So how can I not purge and share some of my stuff with them? For me, I have to get it out of my house or it makes its way back into my room!!
So, glad to be here and I hope to join in on some challenges and maybe post a few of my own!
Hello! I keep popping in now and then, love it here! I haven't received a pizza box in a few years... still have TONS left of CS stuff, but I'm finding I like Tim Holtz and Dyan Reaveley and doing either art journals or canvas'.... Have fun!!!!
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio