I'm new hear, but not really new!!

Please stop here and introduce yourself!
Sdscrapper

I'm new hear, but not really new!!

Post by Sdscrapper »

So glad I got registered, thanks to Julie's help. I see lots of familiar faces and am so glad I can come here for some scrapping- talk fix!!
troublesmom

Re: I'm new hear, but not really new!!

Post by troublesmom »

Welcome!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Hey nice to have you here!
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Yes. Welcome. Great to see you here.
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Welcome, glad you've joined us.
Kathryn.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Welcome!
Looking forward to seeing some of your creations. Jump in!
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Welcome, sd! Jump right in, tell us about yourself and what you like to make-we love paper, metal, fabric, wood, anything...............
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Yay! Glad you made it in!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Sdscrapper

Post by Sdscrapper »

I see familiar faces from my years spent on the Club Scrap forum. I'm trying once again to stick to my cancellation of the CS kit. Seems I always get sucked back in and probably because I miss the forum. So you guys, help me!! I love to stamp and to scrap. Been at it for about 16 years. And you can image in 16 years - I have a room full. I'm going to start Tiffany (from "thescraprack.com") 2014 organizing challenge. It's a time to do a little purging ad low and behold, I got an email from my lss about a project they are doing with Lutheran Social Services and making scrapbook for kids in the foster care system. So how can I not purge and share some of my stuff with them? For me, I have to get it out of my house or it makes its way back into my room!!
So, glad to be here and I hope to join in on some challenges and maybe post a few of my own!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

You are better than I. I don't get to the CS forum much but I still get the kits. This is where I spend most of my time for my crafting which is mainly cards. As you can see there are several challenges out there right now. Monica is wonderful about keeping everyone busy ;o)
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

You and I started scrapping right about the same time! I attended my first Creative Memories class in '98, and I've been scrapping ever since. So I can definitely relate. I'm actually still hoarding some of my Creative Memories stuff - mostly papers and alpha stickers. Not on purpose - I just haven't used it or purged it yet.

I also get the kit club addiction. I was able to break the Club Scrap habit many years ago, but it wasn't cold turkey. I had to dwindle it down. I went from a hearty appetite senior kit plus club stamp at one point, but reduced it every few months, once I decided that I was bringing in more than I could handle. I started loving other papers and embellishments once this forum started, and then the Club Scrap ALSB pages just looked boring by comparison. But I loved the cardstock, so I eventually got down to a Club Stamp kit only. But then, they went through a series of price increases (both kit and shipping) as well has a few months worth of designs I really didn't love, and then I was done for good. I convinced myself that the kits would always be there if I wanted to check in every month and place an order for something I really loved. But what happened was, I honestly forgot all about it, until someone would post something here and mention which kit it was from. And then I'd go look at the prices, and became disinterested. :-)

I love to have a variety in my stash. I also love a good bargain. Club Scrap provided neither. Now, I will admit that I really do miss the textured cardstock. And I protect the remains of my CS cardstock and POPs from the kids, because I've never been able to find the textured stock anywhere else where I wouldn't have to buy in bulk. But I think that once you spend a little time hanging out here, you'll find that there's so much more to play with - other designers, other styles, fantastic warehouse sale boxes full of goodies to sample, and other kit clubs to try. Breaking the Club Scrap addiction, if that's something you really want to do, will be easily accomplished. :-)
Julie Fugina
Sdscrapper

Post by Sdscrapper »

You talk texture. I think there is a difference in the papers from the 'old' days and now and I don't think it is CS's choice. The paper industry has changed a lot. Not every month has those beautiful textured papers and some of the newer stuff is not as heavy. Still nice paper, but I can see a difference from the 'old' stuff. I too have been discovering other companies out there - especially for stamps. I am also starting to realize that I want to pick out my stamping/scrapping purchases myself. So, I'm glad to be here!
Paula

Post by Paula »

Glad that you are here!! :happywave:
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Ooh. Glad to know that the heavily textured stuff isn't as frequent. Not good for the members, but knowing that my favorite part of the club is now (mostly) a thing of the past - that will keep the temptation down. But it also means I won't be purging any of it any time soon, knowing that it's "rare". 8-)

I actually just looked at the CS store for the first time in a VERY long time. They've got some really pretty collections out there! But, as far as what I'd buy off the shelf- it's probably only one out of every four kits. So the temptation is just not there.

I also loved CS for the ALSB instructions. Sometimes (most of the time) I just want to be brain-dead, and follow a set of instructions to make a layout. Faced with a pile of product and some photos, I usually fail to produce anything. So for the past year, I've really been loving Scrapbook Generation kits. They've got kits that come with sketches and photos, though no cutting instructions, and then they've got another club option that does come with a set of cutting instructions. I've really been enjoying those. Though I had to quit that club too, because I had five month's worth of unopened kits, and I knew I needed to stop bringing more stuff in. :oops:

There are also several gals around here who love Swirlydoos. No instructions, but a fantastic assortment of high-end designer stuff. For me, it was stuff that my LSS stores didn't carry, and the random stash I built from my year+ in that club is some of my nicest stuff, and items that I would never have purchased on my own.

I don't regret any of my club memberships. They've all provided me with inspiration and fresh stash. Maybe one way to break the addiction is to find another club to try for a while.
Julie Fugina