Retreats (other than PAO)

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

Retreats (other than PAO)

Post by pamcook »

I've been chatting with the ladies who have the podcast "Scrap Gals". They are considering another retreat in Nashville. I told her I'd let you all know to watch for the announcement (she had some surgery yesterday so it might be a while). I'm not sure of the cost - nor was she (not even sure of dates at this point). The event for this October (actually 20 miles outside of Nashville) is 3 days and cost $305 plus lodging. They'll receive goodie bags and a t-shirt, have some formal classes, a dance party and 7 meals. Unless she got a screaming deal on the hotel, I would estimate lodging costs to be about $300 - $400 per person (double occupancy and you would need to stay Sunday night as well to participate in everything). Travel costs would factor in as well. I do believe this year's is sold out.

So, just posting it in case going to the beach with us is "not your thang" or you're interested in a shorter event or you're just interested!

I'm always scoping out options and doing my best to keep our re(create) affordable and still fun. It's always been my thought that all the "extras" cost someone and those costs are passed along to the attendees.

Still hoping one of us wins the lottery (preferably me!) and can afford to buy a huge property where we could build our own venue...hey, it could happen!
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Re: Retreats (other than PAO)

Post by Keitha »

Thanks for sharing Pam; I'm a ScrapGals member/podcast listener so am familiar with their retreat info but it hadn't occurred to me that others might not be. Are you considering going to the next one in Nashville? My issue with SG retreats in particular is that they close registration so early; I understand Tracie's reasons why, but it's hard for me because I don't know my schedule that far in advance.

Marianne and I were idly chatting about various other retreats around the country. In many cases they are uber-expensive, mostly because of the cost of classes from well-known artists, which makes what you're doing at the beach such an attractive option. Although I do enjoy the opportunity to take classes from some of the artists whose work I've long admired, I know that's not for everyone.
pamcook

Re: Retreats (other than PAO)

Post by pamcook »

I thought about it for about 5 seconds but no, I won't be going. Lots of reasons.
Cost.
I don't like hotels.
I don't like "short" retreats - I feel compelled to work non-stop to get my money's worth and then I leave realizing I didn't get to relax or spend time with friends.
Cost.
Being a vegan, I would have to provide my own meals even though I've paid for them as part of the retreat.
And more but those are the big reasons.

I think their retreats would have to be a blast though. She's very high energy.
Pam Cook #48