New Shimelle class

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

New Shimelle class

Post by pamcook »

She's going to post the details on Monday 10/31.
If you post a project to her blog this weekend, she'll send you a discount code for the class.

www.shimelle.com
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Re: New Shimelle class

Post by mpizzazz »

Have you been getting emails from her? I realize now I haven't had one for weeks, not sure what is going on there. Or anywhere for that matter. :?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

That pumpkin LO is adorable. I might do this challenge.hopefully have time on Sunday.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

No one did. She was in the US during H Matthew, dropped her phone and shattered it. 12 glorious days with no technology. That's a vacation!
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:No one did. She was in the US during H Matthew, dropped her phone and shattered it. 12 glorious days with no technology. That's a vacation!
Oh, ok, thanks, Pam. I thought I had dropped off the Shimelle Planet.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Good to know. I realize now I had not had any blog posts from her. I'll take a look a the pumpkin LO you're talking about.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

The pumpkin didn't do it for me - although I do have pumpkin patch photos so perhaps should reconsider. I did like the layout in autumn colours with the watercolouring on it. Hoping to throw a page together today to submit, along with everything else I need to do.
I also love the recent autumn layout that Tracy Banks posted on the Scrapbook and Cards today website. I actually bought that kit, and feel a scraplift coming on... here's the link if you want a little more fall inspiration: http://scrapbookandcardstodaymag.typepa ... banks.html
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I love that kit and the LO. I have never seen any of her videos and she does a very good job of explaining the whole process. That deer and hedgehog are the highlight of the page. Thanks for sharing the link.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

So who's signing up for Shimelle's new class? I have to say I'm on the fence: interesting as the concept is (Design Decisions), it's not something I struggle with so wonder if I'd really learn anything from it - although for me the design decisions are a more intuitive process so I might not be able to explain them. I often take classes to support my favourite scrappers who provide a lot of free content and also as motivation to scrap - but as of right now I still haven't worked through all of The 20 Project, and I have lots of other past classes I could go to for inspiration. And having been slammed this weekend and not had a chance to complete one of her challenges I didn't get the discount, so am looking at the full cost for the class - over $30 once I convert the funds. Speaking of decisions...
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I probably will take the class. Except for the one where she had guest teachers, I've learned something from every one. Her prices are reasonable. I'm waiting for my discount code before signing up.
Also plan to buy her Christmas stamp set - maybe. I'm trying to curb my stamp purchases. I just don't use them enough to justify the cost.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I wonder if she will do a kit for JYC this year? Guess it would be ready to order by now if she was doing it. I think she is starting to see that Motherhood really cuts into your creative time.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

She said yes but it's for shipping in the U.K. She will offer the stamp set for the rest of us.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pamcook wrote:She said yes but it's for shipping in the U.K. She will offer the stamp set for the rest of us.
Thanks, Pam, I know it was a nightmare for her so it's good, she is making life easier for herself. It's not like we all don't have enough stuff to use.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Too bad she couldn't have partnered with a company like Scrapbook.com, and done something similar to what she used to do at 2Peas with the Best of Both Worlds thing; selected a 'kit' of items that she was going to use, but then let people order what they wanted from that directly from scrapbook.com.