Shopping rants

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

Shopping rants

Post by pamcook »

First - Blitsy.com - completely annoyed me. They offered Maggie Holmes Bloom products but didn't have every thing they sold to us (many people I know were so angry) - so those of us who placed orders got fewer items than what we ordered but charged full price on the shipping. They blamed it on their supplier. Hello? How can you offer something for sale that you don't have in your inventory? So, I just opened their email to unsubscribe and they're offering Graphic 45's Safari collection. :censor: Yes, I had to order it. Last chance though. If I get ripped off again - never ordering from them again (will let you know if it happens).

Second - I had a 55% off one item coupon good for Saturday only. Made Joel drive me over so I could get a large Tonic scissors (wanted them for forever and I'm too cheap to pay full price). Oh! While I'm there, I need a new Sakura pen and oh yeah, I want a watercolor paper journal to practice some lettering. On the way home, I realize they gave me 55% off the $2.99 pen. In the past, they've ALWAYS given me the discount on the most expensive item. Cuss word. I did have a 50% off coupon for Sunday so I decided to go return the scissors and then use the 50% off coupon to re-buy them. Don't you know they tried to give me grief about it? "We simply don't allow people to return an item and then purchase it with a coupon." I said, "Then keep them. I'm not paying full price." Of course "Just this once..." he gave me the discount. After I paid he said, "Of course if you try to bring them back, even with a receipt, we can only give you store credit." Am I being childish? I am still really annoyed about that whole thing. To the point that Michael's has now become the only place I'll shop for supplies locally. I don't see myself ever going there again.

On a positive note - Blue Moon, Hip Kit Club, Paper Issues, Ellen Hutson, and Simon Says Stamp are still providing amazing customer service.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Re: Shopping rants

Post by paddlegal »

That really sucks Pam! I just don't shop at Michaels anymore. There are many of them to choose from in my area but they are all dumps. I do shop JoAnn's and their computer automatically discounts the largest full priced item. What a rude sales person you had! As for Blitzy, I am guessing they don't have a warehouse of the items they advertise. I bet they contract with suppliers and then cross their fingers that they'll have enough to sell. I think that is why their delivery is so slow. The few times I've expected a package from them has taken forever to get to me.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

paddlegal wrote:That really sucks Pam! I just don't shop at Michaels anymore. There are many of them to choose from in my area but they are all dumps. I do shop JoAnn's and their computer automatically discounts the largest full priced item. What a rude sales person you had! As for Blitzy, I am guessing they don't have a warehouse of the items they advertise. I bet they contract with suppliers and then cross their fingers that they'll have enough to sell. I think that is why their delivery is so slow. The few times I've expected a package from them has taken forever to get to me.
You know, after posting, I thought, "Why in the world did you give them another chance?" The few dollars I saved really isn't worth it. I need to reward the companies who provide excellent customer service. The two Michael's we have recently stepped up their game. I honestly think it's new managers - need to ask them. I will go there when I need something like adhesive or some white cardstock (although I hear that Bazzill's "marshmallow" white cardstock is da bomb - sold out everywhere though).

Okay, back to work. Play time is over.
Pam Cook #48
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Hate Blitsy...always out of stock, shipping takes forever etc.
at end of day the money you save isn't any better than if I used a coupon or shopped sale at some of the reputable online sites.

Michaels too I think is getting really shifty with their coupon policy.
I had the same thing with an order and it applying to the lowest price item.
Now if I have to buy an item with a coupon I do separate transaction on the item I want to use the coupon on.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I've never had a problem with Michael's (and Hobby Lobby and AC Moore and Joann's) not giving me the discount on the most expensive item. I really hate to hear this and hope it's not a trend. As for Blitsy, they list on the item how long the shipping will take. I found that out after waiting two weeks for an order and calling to check on it. I don't use them very much any more - most of my shopping dollars have gone to Unity and several other smaller companies. I get excellent service and fast delivery from them, so they get my dollars. As for cardstock - I tend to wait until I'm near a big box store, which is only 4 or 5 times a year. Patterned papers and kits I order whenever the mood hits. ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

They had me at Mermaids....

I stopped at Stamp Art Shoppe on the way home and bought some of that Kaisercraft Mermaid Tails stuff. Why I'm enamored, I cannot explain. I cannot resist.

I have never had any coupon trouble at any of the big box stores. Nor Beverly's which is fairly local. I hate to hear of this. I have never ordered from Blitsy.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I've had a couple instances where I didn't get what I ordered from blitsy. I've written to them in each instance and the received extra money in my account as an apology.

Juuusst sayin'
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

I have NEVER gotten anything from Blitsy on time...always waiting for the supplier....for weeks on end. :angry37: I don't even open their emails anymore (well, maybe once in a while :roll: ). And Michael's...no more points!!! Just sayin'. At least AC Moore still gives you points although their stock always stays the same - good for basics, I guess.
I still use Simon Says, Scrapbook.com and Blue Moon. Goodness knows, I need paper and stuff... :tomato:
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

wannabescrappin wrote:I have NEVER gotten anything from Blitsy on time...always waiting for the supplier....for weeks on end. :angry37: I don't even open their emails anymore (well, maybe once in a while :roll: ). And Michael's...no more points!!! Just sayin'. At least AC Moore still gives you points although their stock always stays the same - good for basics, I guess.
I still use Simon Says, Scrapbook.com and Blue Moon. Goodness knows, I need paper and stuff... :tomato:

Don't forget Ellen Hutson...their selection is fabulous and service is outstanding. I must check out Blue Moon...have never bought anything from them. Lately Scrapbook.com has been visited frequently by me though. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

It's Farley's fault I just ordered 83.00 from Taylored Expressions! :D
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Debbie J wrote:It's Farley's fault I just ordered 83.00 from Taylored Expressions! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh...I mean sorry. So....do tell what you ordered?
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Some dies I HAD to have!!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

:D
Debbie J wrote:Some dies I HAD to have!!
FARLEY in Sacramento