Any advice is appreciated

paddlegal

Re: Any advice is appreciated

Post by paddlegal »

My feeble attempt (new graphic app on my iPad Pro and Apple Pencil) to honor your many years of service or better yet your wonderful future in retirement. Retirement is really the wrong word because there’s nothing retired about enjoying life the way you want to do it.

LIVE IT UP!
Attachments
C8DA1357-3907-4BF2-A01A-7CE07C52B325.jpeg
C8DA1357-3907-4BF2-A01A-7CE07C52B325.jpeg (77.4 KiB) Viewed 435 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

paddlegal wrote:My feeble attempt (new graphic app on my iPad Pro and Apple Pencil) to honor your many years of service or better yet your wonderful future in retirement. Retirement is really the wrong word because there’s nothing retired about enjoying life the way you want to do it.

LIVE IT UP!
Love this Farley.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

Thank you all. This is what I needed to hear. I wanted to know that those of you who have already gone down this path are happy and haven't regretted it. I do have plans. I have lots of interest and lots of friends. Farley, I love the graphic. Thank you. Marianne, tell Ray I loved his comment about the camel. I might just do that. Thank you everyone. I got the tree down and put up today, so crafting is definitely on the agenda this week.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

I'm late to the commenting, but I agree with the rest. And that board president... don't even get me started.

Enjoy the hell out of living each day on your own terms. :D
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
fuzzylover

Post by fuzzylover »

WOW Pam - it sounds like you are better off without them. Do stop back once in a while though and tell them what a great time you are having and retirement is the best thing that has happened and you should have done it when you first put in your notice! LOL

Truly though, enjoy this time you have now. I retired three years ago and have not looked back. I had a very nice relationship with my co-workers so I do visit them and share all the great things that are going on now. But I now have time to do what I WANT TO DO.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

If we could have a reCreate that's not 6 hours away, I'd love to come. With George's health issues, I'm scared to go more than a few hours away.

troublesmom wrote:I am totally with Pam on this! Congratulations on being retired. So sorry they did not do better for you. You will have some adjusting but let me tell you soon you will wonder how you had time to work.

So looking forward to ReCreate and knowing that you will enjoy being there along with all of us who will be able to make it.
pamcook wrote:OMG
You deserved a huge party at the very least.
I’m one who believes retirement is what you make it. You are an active, creative, brilliant woman and you just need to explore what will make you happy. There are always people ready and willing to drag you down. Tell them what body part they can kiss and move on. Travel (if you want). Volunteer (if you want). Take classes (if you want). Start another career (if you want). Enjoy every well-deserved second!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

I wish we weren't so spread out and could have one once a month. I am really looking forward to May and the beach. I know it has only been a few days, but I am already getting some perspective on this. I expect I will get more as I go along. I am moving from hurt to angry to over it... When I finally get to where it doesn't matter I will know I have arrived. I love hearing that some of you haven't looked back and are just enjoying yourself. You all are so helpful. I feel so much better than when I first started this thread.

Judy
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO