Stamp Scrap Art Show

troublesmom

Re: Stamp Scrap Art Show

Post by troublesmom »

Good haul! I like the turtle card the best.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Love those dies. Which show was this?
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I have the oxides and still haven't used them.i did make up a Paper Pumpkin card kit last night and it was great therapy for me. My eldest granddaughter, Caitlin is with me for a few days and she's so awesome. She organized my cub boards this morning and I love how she did it. I want to keep her here.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

You'll enjoy those dies. I bought some from them last year.

I'm going to opt not to go Friday night in the fall.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I asked around for opinions from women I recognized. Everyone pretty much said the same thing - it was fun but wouldn't do it again.
Most vendors had some sort of a special the first hour of both mornings.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

That is a pathetic goodie bag. They should have just handed out some coupons instead of that stuff. Of course, there are still people using those cute sort of stamps.
The cards just need some further embellishment. I like the turtle and and floral one with the b and w background and colored focal point.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I'm so sorry it was such a bust... Peggy and I had a great time at the one up in Hampton, VA last fall... we didn't go on Friday night so that's probably good... and we did have the opinion that there wasn't much scrapbook stuff there... but we both use stamps, so we bought plenty of stuff. There were lots of vendors I'd never heard of, so that made it fun, too...
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Such a shame; there are so few events to go to anymore that it's really disappointing if you spend your time and money going then it's not worth it. Sounds like maybe the various events around the country are spearheaded by different people in those specific regions; I'd be tempted to send that photo of your goody bag to whoever heads up the whole thing together with your findings from speaking with other ladies there. They sure aren't doing anything to attract new people to the hobby, are they?
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It was pathetic, really. I sent a picture to my daughter. She thought I had found them in her left-behind childhood items from the 80's. I would rather have had them just hand me the pen with a little thank you note attached. The stickers & stamps were pathetic. (reminded me of the year we went to CKC in Charlotte and received adoption-themed stickers)
There are just too many cool art supplies available now. I'm not sure how I would have done the make & takes differently but I would have. :lol:
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

:-o it's like TBT or something. Those were popular when my daughter was a little girl, and she's a grown up Momma now.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

nancine wrote::-o it's like TBT or something. Those were popular when my daughter was a little girl, and she's a grown up Momma now.
I will say they make a lot of women laugh (after we got over being a bit shocked).
Pam Cook #48