2017 Project Life card Challenge - January

Keitha

Re: 2017 Project Life card Challenge - January

Post by Keitha »

Fun challenge and great layout, ladies! I'll have to think about this one; I realize using PL cards on my layouts isn't my favourite, so it's a challenge I need to work at.
Pam, those cards look similar to a paper line I liked from MME a few years ago, perfect for your subject matter. Where are those falls?
Debbie, you rocked this. I have a really hard time with the cards with phrases on them.
Pat, I like how your embellishments tie in with the graphic on your card. Cute photo.
Marianne, I don't organize by colour, but the idea of storing the themed PL cards with other themed embellishments might have some merit.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:Fun challenge and great layout, ladies! I'll have to think about this one; I realize using PL cards on my layouts isn't my favourite, so it's a challenge I need to work at.
Pam, those cards look similar to a paper line I liked from MME a few years ago, perfect for your subject matter. Where are those falls?
Debbie, you rocked this. I have a really hard time with the cards with phrases on them.
Pat, I like how your embellishments tie in with the graphic on your card. Cute photo.
Marianne, I don't organize by colour, but the idea of storing the themed PL cards with other themed embellishments might have some merit.
It was a set from Rhonna Farrar (sp?). While I love the fronts (cute designs and phrases), I almost always use the designs on the back. I can finally say that it's almost used up!
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Good job Pat! Arlington is a cutie.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Debbie J wrote:Good job Pat! Arlington is a cutie.
Where did Arlington come from?

Geez, Arlo!
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Thank you ladies, this one was out of my comfort zone a bit. Lots of playing around with the cards and background paper.

Flexing my creative muscles to prepare for the month when it's my challenge. ;)
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
nancine

Post by nancine »

Gosh, what great layouts so far and it's not even January!

I did get a batch of photos delivered last Friday so I have everything ready to go! I need to find a good little printer for home to print photos on demand when I'm in the mood :lol:

I forgot your Granddaughter was going to "x-ray school" Deb! What a great future she can make for herself with those skills! One of my friends that I went to x-ray school with is a manager at local hospital and some of the specialized techs are making 6 figure salaries now!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Nice layouts ladies! Pam - you are a layering QUEEN! I can't wrap my head around layering and clustering at all. That's why I have to rely on sketches so heavily. I love everyone's layouts so far. :clap:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

:lol: A few days ago, Cara & Riz were having a conversation about the shape of the pool they're installing. Riz kept trying to get Cara to have an opinion about it. He finally said, "You're the boss!" Zain piped up, "No Papa - you're the boss. Mama's the QUEEN!" I had to bite my tongue. I wonder how many times that's popped up in "discussions"?

Julie - honestly. There's nothing difficult about layering. Find some you like and just copy them with your supplies. I promise you - I've had maybe 2 creative ideas in my scrapbooking lifetime. Everything else is simply copying what I like. Check out Ashley Laura's youtube video's for DIY embellishments. This is one that uses tags and basic supplies I would imagine we all have on hand. I think they make cute page titles or gift tags. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LcKXW3sUvM
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

That's funny Pam! We are on our way to Az and I'm watching YouTube videos by a gal who is recreating Dear Lizzy embellishments! Some really cute pin wheel layered ones. If I didn't have Benji on my lap I could actually be making some.....
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Debbie J wrote:That's funny Pam! We are on our way to Az and I'm watching YouTube videos by a gal who is recreating Dear Lizzy embellishments! Some really cute pin wheel layered ones. If I didn't have Benji on my lap I could actually be making some.....
My favorite thing to do on long road trips!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Definitely a challenge I need to join. I'm embarrassed about the quantity of unused PL cards in my stash. I am proud to state I have stopped buying them. Until I use some (most), I'm on buying probation.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Please know I did another layout, and actually enjoyed the process...but in the end thought it would be best to NOT post. It is a picture of Arlo in his cast...he fractured his leg Halloween weekend when he went down a slide. He is only in a diaper, with his arms and legs all wonky and wild. It's cute, but he's almost a bare naked baby, and probably not what Mom and Dad would want posted.

So thanks for the push Pam C. to work on another PL card layout. I enjoyed it!

By the way, 3 weeks in a cast, and he was good to go.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I SHOULD be on buying probation.......
nancine

Post by nancine »

pat-czap wrote:Please know I did another layout, and actually enjoyed the process...but in the end thought it would be best to NOT post. It is a picture of Arlo in his cast...he fractured his leg Halloween weekend when he went down a slide. He is only in a diaper, with his arms and legs all wonky and wild. It's cute, but he's almost a bare naked baby, and probably not what Mom and Dad would want posted.

So thanks for the push Pam C. to work on another PL card layout. I enjoyed it!

By the way, 3 weeks in a cast, and he was good to go.
Oh my gosh, poor little guy! But that was fast healing and glad he's better!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Pat - so glad you're inspired! My thoughts are better to not post if there's a question in your mind about it. So glad he healed quickly.

Would anyone like a RAK of some cards? I have entirely too many!
Pam Cook #48