Latest on Move

troublesmom

Latest on Move

Post by troublesmom »

So on the 23rd of November our buyer backed out. :( :( :( What a bummer, all the tests have been done, we were/are working on repairing the items that the Engineer said need to be fixed only one more to go. We had rented a condo, booked truck to move items into storage that we had reserved. All for naught. We lost out on a refund on the condo but the rest are okay.

Her agent totally tried to talk her out of it but to no avail. Our neighbors are now glad that she will not be their neighbor. Please just send good vibes that we get a good contract. Only good thing is they have yet to really get started on the house so we have time. We are still going ahead with the move.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pugmom

Re: Latest on Move

Post by pugmom »

Oh Cheryl, I'm so sorry that happened. Buying/selling/moving is so stressful to begin with. I hope you get another contract soon.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I'm so sorry!
Hoping your realtor can find a buyer soon.
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Joe is actually relieved. I am in a sense, she was nitpicking about every little thing. The house is 10 years old, it will not be perfect. I'm annoyed that she wasted so much of our time. Now is not the best time to try and sell the house. Our agent is very optimistic, there are not many houses for sale and ours shows well. My biggest thing is the fact that I have packed so very much of our stuff and have boxes packed high in every room.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

That's too bad but she does sound like a real pill. I think she should pay for your condo deposit you lost because of her. Take her to Judge Judy! Now that you've done some extra work on your house I bet you'll get an even better contract. Things have a funny way of working out for the best.
FARLEY in Sacramento
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Thanks Farley but no Judge Judy here. NC has strange laws for selling houses & canceling contracts. I know it will work out the best for us. Hopefully for our current neighbors also.
paddlegal wrote:That's too bad but she does sound like a real pill. I think she should pay for your condo deposit you lost because of her. Take her to Judge Judy! Now that you've done some extra work on your house I bet you'll get an even better contract. Things have a funny way of working out for the best.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Rent a Pod to put all of the boxes into. The house will show better without them and the buyers can more easily visualize their things in there.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

so sorry Cheryl but maybe she just wasn't right for you
The house will sell when it is suppose to
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

troublesmom wrote:Joe is actually relieved. I am in a sense, she was nitpicking about every little thing. The house is 10 years old, it will not be perfect. I'm annoyed that she wasted so much of our time. Now is not the best time to try and sell the house. Our agent is very optimistic, there are not many houses for sale and ours shows well. My biggest thing is the fact that I have packed so very much of our stuff and have boxes packed high in every room.
That is such a shame, Cheryl, but we all hope it works out for the best. What does your agent say about what to do with the packed boxes? Agents must have dealt with this situation before and should know all the options. I would not want my stuff in a cold and damp place over the winter, I've heard too many horror stories about goods in storage for a long time.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

W H A T ??? or rather :censor: :censor:

That is something no seller needs to deal with.

What is up with such picky buyers on a 10 year old home? I will never understand some buyers...

Did you get to keep the good faith money?

Years ago we had a buyer do this this us in Michigan, and some how or another we were not able to keep their good faith money...but we were entitled to it under the law.

Something better is coming your way Cheryl.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

So sorry to hear about this setback Cheryl. Sounds like you're keeping a positive attitude. Hopefully something better is coming your way.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

No pod rental here. We have boxes neatly arranged and still put up a few, not many, but a few Christmas things. If we moved the boxes out there would be almost nothing in the house. Our agent is not worried about the boxes.

Buyers nowadays seem to "demand" a lot and it all come from those stupid reality/home shows. Get real people.
pbp908 wrote:Rent a Pod to put all of the boxes into. The house will show better without them and the buyers can more easily visualize their things in there.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
nancine

Post by nancine »

That really is a bummer, but probably better off in the long run. Not sure where people get these ideas... My daughter ran into sort of the same thing, a buyer wasn't sipper about buying an "old house", hers is about 20 years old but totally remodeled interior a few years ago.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

My house in Indiana was new construction, and lived in for 18 months by us.
One low ball offer we had, the buyers agent said this when submitting offer..."They have been very close to signing contracts on new construction, basically the same price range but thought they would try a pre-built in decent condition first."

I bristled at the "decent" wording. Our home was ibetter than decent! They also had a pre approval letter with a figure 20K less than our asking price. They ended up going for new construction in a lesser priced neighborhood, that I would never have lived in. Some people want it all, for so very little.

So long story short, a better offer and HAPPY buyer will certainly come your way.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I know a few real estate agents who really do have their clients best interest at heart, but it sure seems like many lean towards the "slimeball" personality.

I'm glad that you as sellers are sticking to your guns. When we sold our last house, we were stubborn about it too. Our house was a new construction when I bought it, and was still the newest house in the neighborhood. None of the homes had any high-end stuff, so there was nothing that would have made our house worth less than the highest neighborhood comps. So we insisted on our price, and in the end, the only negotiating we had to do was for the A/C unit. We had to buy the new homeowners a new unit, but we got our asking price.

I know that markets fluctuate between being in favor of the buyer vs seller, but regardless of where the markets are, the agents have no excuse for being slimy passive-aggressive salesman bullies.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO