Rachelle's June 2016 Art a Day Creations

pamcook

Re: Rachelle's June 2016 Art a Day Creations

Post by pamcook »

Love the page and wishing I was in a boat on the water somewhere instead of in a cubicle...
Pam Cook #48
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Double posting from the final stretch sketch. My anniversary layout for our 33rd anniversary today. Still hard to grasp it's been that many. I remember those 2 young kids in the bottom picture just starting to make wedding plans.

I'll try to identify a few of the kits used, but I tried to use a different kit for each element. Common Threads, Birds of a Feather, Raku, Tahiti, Sprinkles and Pure and Simple.
Attachments
Anniversary33j.jpg
Anniversary33j.jpg (184.73 KiB) Viewed 511 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Love it!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, Rachelle! Wonderful to look back through the years.
It's so fun now to have met you both in person.
I should do something like this for our 40th last year.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Rachelle your home stretch LO is awesome. LOVE the colors.

BTW, I had my son Charley explain Hodor! hahahahahahah...poor guy. Now I understand your naming your trap after him. Charley is totally into GOT along with a number of friends. Tomorrow a bunch of them are coming over for GOT viewing and dinner, though I won't be making a traditional GOT meal. I did make myself watch last week's much talked about battle scene. OMG! Charley warned me not to watch. :-o :-o :-o
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

great layouts and cards
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

paddlegal wrote:Rachelle you home stretch LO is awesome. LOVE the colors.

BTW, I had my son Charley explain Hodor! hahahahahahah...poor guy. Now I understand your naming your trap after him. Charley is totally into GOT along with a number of friends. Tomorrow a bunch of them are coming over for GOT viewing and dinner, though I won't be making a traditional GOT meal. I did make myself watch last week's much talked about battle scene. OMG! Charley warned me not to watch. :-o :-o :-o
Wow! what an episode to pick for your first one. Yes, the finale tonight should be epic. We're anticipating it with dread and joy.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

azemigh wrote:
paddlegal wrote:Rachelle you home stretch LO is awesome. LOVE the colors.

Wow! what an episode to pick for your first one. Yes, the finale tonight should be epic. We're anticipating it with dread and joy.

Charley and friends have had their GOT dinner and are watching in the living room right now exclaiming and gasping as you must be. :lol: They plan on having a discussion afterwards.
FARLEY in Sacramento
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Day 27
One of my favorite veggies that comes in our summer community farm boxes is kale. I used to just make pesto out of it, but I finally figured out how to make crispy kale in the microwave and I can't get enough of it now.

For inquiring minds: buy a microwave potato chip tray, (you can do it on a plate with paper towels, but the chip maker is the way to go), d-rib your kale and tear leaves into chip size pieces, arrange them in the chip maker. spritz with olive oil and sprinkle with your favorite seasoning, (I like Mrs. Dash garlic and herb and then a light shake of salt, since it's salt free). Now the important part. 1 minute on high in the microwave. Rest for 10 seconds. Now, do 30 second intervals on high with a rest in between. It will take about a total of 3 minutes, a little more if your humidity is high. If you just punch in 3 minutes and let it go you will have burned kale, if you do it in the oven you'll probably have burned kale, if you do it in the bbq, you'll probably have burned kale. As you've probably guessed, I've burned a lot of kale. :lol:
Attachments
CrispyKalej.jpg
CrispyKalej.jpg (185.11 KiB) Viewed 483 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Love your LO Rachelle and I love kale also. Is that Bon Appetite CS digi? Very pretty. I like my kale steamed and layered with brown rice and steamed red potatoes...my idea of winter comfort food.
FARLEY in Sacramento
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

paddlegal wrote:Love your LO Rachelle and I love kale also. Is that Bon Appetite CS digi? Very pretty. I like my kale steamed and layered with brown rice and steamed red potatoes...my idea of winter comfort food.
Thanks, Farley. Yes, it is Bon Appetite digi. It's a QDDL that I added to a little. I do like purple and green together
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Day 28:
My Summer of Creative Chemistry Week 4 submission. This started out as a card, but I liked it so much it turned into an 8x10 mixed media piece. The technique for the background was what I used for the challenge this week. It's called Archival Resist.
Attachments
Week4ArchivalResist.jpg
Week4ArchivalResist.jpg (144.85 KiB) Viewed 473 times
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

:clap: Very cool Rachelle! Great colors and blend of "things".
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

All those colors! What a beautiful piece of artwork. :clap:
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

You are doing some fantastic work! I am very interested in your Kale recipe and hope maybe to give it a try soon.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO