Rachelle's June 2016 Art a Day Creations

azemigh

Re: Rachelle's June 2016 Art a Day Creations

Post by azemigh »

So, I went off on a little tangent today. I found this little curly branch on the beach a few weeks ago and thought it looked like a dragon. Thought I would see about giving her a wing and a sparkly eye. I cut a piece of acetate into a wing shape and then inked it up with alcohol ink. It took me 3 hours to finally figure out how to attach it, which ended up being fishing line wrapped around the branch and through the wing. Eventually, she'll go in my faerie garden. I still need to find her a treasure ball to hold, and I think she needs a beaded tail, but I think she's coming along nicely.
Attachments
DSC03723.JPG
DSC03723.JPG (78.78 KiB) Viewed 403 times
DSC03729.JPG
DSC03729.JPG (102.77 KiB) Viewed 403 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Very cool. She does look like a dragon.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

She's lucky you found her so she can come back to life!
You are amazing.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Looks good, at first I thought it was ginger root.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Cool project.... and very cool wings!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I've been such a slacker. Too busy cleaning and canning razor clams the last few days. Did get into the studio today to get my Creative Chemistry piece done just in time for the deadline. This weeks challenge was using Perfect Pearls and Distress Ink.

The stamp is from CS Birds of a Feather and I embellished with K&Co diecuts.
Attachments
PPDistress2.jpg
PPDistress2.jpg (145.46 KiB) Viewed 377 times
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, that is nice, Rachelle! How do you like the Creative Chemistry class this time around?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

mpizzazz wrote:Wow, that is nice, Rachelle! How do you like the Creative Chemistry class this time around?
Right now, it's just a review of the 2 previous classes and new challenges, but it's a good way to get the juices flowing again. I missed the live chat, I still need to go back and replay it. Hopefully, there are some good questions and answers in it. I'm looking forward to the new class. Since I have most of the products, it's always fun to learn new ways to use them.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Very pretty! I love those colors.

What do you do with the clam shells? Are they large enough you could make little purses with them? Or mini book covers? I envision being able to glue little hinges to one side and add some sort of cute clasp/closure to the other?
Pam Cook #48
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

pamcook wrote:Very pretty! I love those colors.

What do you do with the clam shells? Are they large enough you could make little purses with them? Or mini book covers? I envision being able to glue little hinges to one side and add some sort of cute clasp/closure to the other?
The shells aren't the prettiest things. They're kind of a greenish brown on the outside, the inside is white to purplish. Only about 2 inches across and 4-6 inches long, so I'm not sure what I would do with them. It would be a micro book, but they certainly could be hinged back together.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Lovely card Rachelle! Pretty die cuts too. They're a perfect match with the card base and your colors.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

azemigh wrote:
pamcook wrote:Very pretty! I love those colors.

The shells aren't the prettiest things. They're kind of a greenish brown on the outside, the inside is white to purplish. Only about 2 inches across and 4-6 inches long, so I'm not sure what I would do with them. It would be a micro book, but they certainly could be hinged back together.
So maybe not the most useful size. ;)
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

You do the most interesting projects - love the way you see objects and transform them.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I did a silly little layout about our latest boating and crabbing accessories. Hal refers to the little stuffed dog on top of our trolling motor. It's completely automatic and will drive the boat using a small remote control. Problem is, the pilot can't tell which way it's pointing so we use "Hal" to mark the motor's orientation. For all you Game of Thrones fans, we recently named one particular crab trap Hodor, and I won't spoil it for anyone, but if you're keeping up with GOT this season, you'll understand why we named it that. PM me if you aren't a fan and you just have to know. And Ripcord, our other trap, is held together with, you guessed it a "ripcord".
By the Seashore is the kit used for the layout.
Attachments
HalHodorRipcordj.jpg
HalHodorRipcordj.jpg (168.55 KiB) Viewed 343 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Cute story and cool layout. I know nothing of GOT. But I do like that Seashore kit a lot.