Document Life Project 2016 - The Un-planner

paddlegal

Document Life Project 2016 - The Un-planner

Post by paddlegal »

Why was no one around to slap me and stop me from signing up for this year long project? :lol:

But it sounds like a fun way to artfully document a year, thinly disguised as a planner....the best of both worlds. Each week there's a prompt and an assignment with a few videos, lots of downloads for the planner and a vehicle for experimenting art journal techniques. We'll see how long I can stick with this but right now I'm kind of jazzed about it.

Today was day one with the first week's prompt. I've got bits and pieces ready to start creating with and assemble. Stay tuned...I will be posting my "mess" here as I go. This is new territory for me.

Only $12!

http://www.art5academy.com/
FARLEY in Sacramento
ChristyB

Re: Document Life Project 2016 - The Un-planner

Post by ChristyB »

I have done the last 2 years with them and signed up for this year as well.

I can't decide though the route I want to take. Planner or more of another art journal.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I look forward to seeing your progress with this, ladies. I've signed up in the past, but my crazy work schedule precludes me from keeping up with anything like this.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Be sure to post your artwork. This type of project deserves all the praise you can get!
Pam Cook #48
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Can't wait to see the posts!
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Yay Christy! I saw your name on that massive list. I did finish my theme tag last night and will post soon.
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I haven't gotten far but if I keep posting here as well as on DLP I might keep this going. Christy I hope you post here as well when you decide how you're going to do yours.

This month's theme is "out on a limb". The tag is part of my January divider decoration. There's a lot more work to be done this week. This is just my first small step. The elaborate art that many others have done already blows my mind. I don't think I will give as much time to this as others do. I want to enjoy this but not be overwhelmed and buried by it. I can see Bob looking at me like this is a year long PSL. Hahahaha...I don't want that either.

I really like this Bo Bunny Misc Me black binder and dividers I chose for the project. Starting with a black background seems less intimidating to me. I have a collection of terrific, cheap Gelly Roll pens that will be fun to use on black. I've chosen Kraft paper to print all calendar pages and other inserts.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (129.6 KiB) Viewed 807 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (107.81 KiB) Viewed 807 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Looks like you're off to a great start Farley - love your tag! Did you colour through a stencil?
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Keitha wrote:Looks like you're off to a great start Farley - love your tag! Did you colour through a stencil?

Thanks Keitha. Yes, it's a fabulous stencil that Secret Sis Debi sent me. It has multiple layers...very clever stencil. Love it.
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

First of all, I'll ask, why was no one around to slap me when I signed up for BOTH Cathy Zielske's FIT AND Ali Edwards' One Little Word. Am I crazy?

Great start on your journal, Farley. I worked on both of my books yesterday but they were mainly digital print outs so nothing too creative yet. I love your idea of Kraft paper. Wish I had seen this yesterday. But for now, I'll continue on the path I have started.

Spending some quiet moments now writing in my various worksheets. Looking forward to see what all of you post for these introspective challenges.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

I'm familiar with their Documented Life Project but how is The Unplanner different? O are they just trying to get in on the planner craze?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

mpizzazz wrote:I'm familiar with their Documented Life Project but how is The Unplanner different? O are they just trying to get in on the planner craze?
Probably trying to get in on the planner craze, thought they swear it's different. Time will tell.
I almost didn't do it because of that. But I really have liked the prompts the last 2 years and figure I can make it work for what I want.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

This is what I did today.
My tag turned into a book ;)

The blank page is the back. I haven't decided if I want to write on it or attach it into my journal or what.
Attachments
Tagbook.jpg
Tagbook.jpg (174.92 KiB) Viewed 797 times
Tagfront.jpg
Tagfront.jpg (196.97 KiB) Viewed 797 times
Tagback.jpg
Tagback.jpg (190.1 KiB) Viewed 797 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Very cool.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

mpizzazz wrote:I'm familiar with their Documented Life Project but how is The Unplanner different? O are they just trying to get in on the planner craze?

Marianne you're likely right about the planner. I said earlier it's an art journal thinly disguising a planner. But since I've been resisting the planner movement, intriqued as I am with it, this is a fun way to enjoy the artsy life documentation and maybe get a useful planner to boot. But I'm planning on using the planner more for a personal journal rather than it organizing my daily life. A number of people on the DLP forum are just doing the art journal version minus the planner pages. The downloads for all the planner stuff is great. If I get a few of this week's set up I'll post them. I need to work on my next arty assignment.

On that note however I recently resurrected my ancient Day Timer and updated it to 2016. I hadn't used it since 2001!

Jen it's never to late to join DLP. :lol:

Oh just caught this Christy before I posted this. Wow wee wow! Fantastic and I know you'll make this great, planner or not.
FARLEY in Sacramento