30 DAY COLORING CHALLENGE

nancine

Re: 30 DAY COLORING CHALLENGE

Post by nancine »

Marianne that coloring is fantastic, such a great look to the piece!
Farley, that stamp is a great one and your watercoloring really makes it shine! I too love those zig brush pens!

I did coloring every single day until I had to head to Reedley - I impressed myself :lol:
She (Kathy) said she will do another one!
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I haven't attempted it yet
but I will again

All you did so well on this
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Thanks everyone.

Marianne you have to look at these Zigs not as markers but as brushes. They are nothing like a marker at all. The tip is an actual brush and the color just flows through it. With markers I always feel like I have to work to get the color out. Even with the Distress markers' brush tips you have to almost scrub to work the color. With Zigs it's like dipping a watercolor brush into water and then paint. It takes some experimenting but you'd catch on quick to them. Little by little I'm collecting a nice assortment of colors but you don't need every color available which is nice too.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thank you!

Great explanation, Farley, about the brush markers, thanks. Maybe when I do a Blick order for various colored pencils, I'll add a few of the markers to try.
I really am enjoying using the combo of Distress inks and colored pencil. The ink dilutes and blends even better than watercolor in areas like the ribbons, dress and skin in the card I colored. Since it's not watercolor paper and I have no idea what it is, using less water is a good thing.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I need to play around with my pencils more. I rarely use them but see such great results here with you and I know Jen uses them with great success too.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

It depends a lot on the pencils, Farley. All my life I had Prismacolor student grade pencils (my great aunt was a teacher so had tons of them she gave me). I hated using them as an adult. Until I used other brands and artist grade pencils in recent years, I wouldn't consider using pencils. I only have 10 pencils that are some unknown German brand I can't even find online but they are better than the other ones I had. There is a huge difference in the quality and ease of use between student grade and artist grade.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I didn't color for all 30 days, by any means... but watching all the coloring going on DID nudge me to get out the watercolor pencils and have a little fun... here are the layouts that had things I colored:

AND... Nancy sent me this butterfly and the birds-on-a-wire that she colored for the challenge... I'll be using the birds soon, too, I'm sure!!

Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Good job on the coloring Debi.
nancine

Post by nancine »

Debi your coloring is fantastic and it really goes so well with your layouts! Good job using the butterfly ;)