Tissue Paper ATC Swap due Sept 15th EDITED

azemigh

Re: Tissue Paper ATC Swap due Sept 15th

Post by azemigh »

Dani Larcom wrote:This is probably going to sound really stupid, but I don't understand the point of this technique. Why not just stamp what you want unto the background unstead of going through the trouble with the tissue paper? Will someone please explain the benefit of this technique to me?

I crinkle up the tissue paper first and then smooth it out before I stamp. Then you get what looks like little crackles in the ink when the glue dries. And it give a more translucent look to the stamp. I also found that you can turn the tissue paper over and get a reverse image of your stamp. The ink shows through either way you put it on. I'll post an example of that later today when they're finished. I haven't tried it with colored tissue yet either, but that's next on my agenda.

Hope that answered your question. :D
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

I also did one of mine on an actual tissue (unused in case you were worried) I peeled apart the 2 layers and just used one layer. It was almost gritty once layed down on the background which added an extra bit of texture
Honey

Post by Honey »

I felt that this technique gave the image a translucent quality to it. It also gives the image some texture. I wondered the same thing as Dani until I tried it. :)
Paula

Post by Paula »

Mine are in the mail today---thanks for hosting :happy94:
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

If it's not too late to join, I'd like in too!

Great looking atc's have been posted also!
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

May I play? what is the dead line?
InkPattie

Post by InkPattie »

I first learned this technique for stamping onto candles. The point of the tissue paper is that you can stamp easily onto tissue paper, then adhere it to something that would be difficult to stamp onto. A candle is a good example, because it is a) hard for ink to stick to and b) rounded. You wrap the tissue around the candle (think a fat candle, not a skinny taper) then zap it quickly with a heat gun, and the tissue seems to melt away into the candle...

Now with stamping onto paper, based on what I've worked on this weekend, I can see similar reasons to do this on paper. If you are stamping onto something precious (like someone else's collage or altered book, for example :shock: ) and the texture is lumpy or ruffled, you could stamp onto tissue paper, then attach it with gel medium or beeswax or just good old bookbinding blue, and it would go into all those cracks and crevices and look absolutely perfect. Well, I didn't do that...but it would have looked really great if I had!
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Dani Larcom wrote:This is probably going to sound really stupid, but I don't understand the point of this technique. Why not just stamp what you want unto the background unstead of going through the trouble with the tissue paper? Will someone please explain the benefit of this technique to me?
Here is an example of using the technique when you are afraid you will mess up something by stamping directly on it. I stamped the words on tissue and then used soft gell medium to glue them on and over the top to make them blend in. http://www.paperartistsonline.com/forum ... 057#p55057
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

Mine are finished and will be the mail tomorrow, Honey!

Here's a look at what I did...
Attachments
Tissue paper swap143.jpg
Tissue paper swap143.jpg (168.02 KiB) Viewed 949 times
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

those are fantastic!
Honey

Re: Tissue Paper ATC Swap due Sept 15th EDITED

Post by Honey »

Sorry for the delay but I have put everyone's back in the mail to them. They were all great! :creating:
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

Mine arrived yesterday! :cool5: :happywave: :cool5:

Nice work everyone!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Mine came today. Great work. Thanks to Gwen J, Paula, CAH,& Holly
gwenj

Post by gwenj »

Wow, mine came today--you ladies are awesome!!!

Holly Moon made the blue one with the bling
Rachel made Laugh is the best medicine
Honey made Witchful Thinking
CAH made the pink with the flower

Thanks ladies!
Attachments
tissue paper swap.jpg
tissue paper swap.jpg (178.04 KiB) Viewed 844 times
Paula

Post by Paula »

I received mine today, and they are all gorgeous :clap: :clap: :clap: