azemigh

Re: 2009 Vintage Halloween ATC swap Due October 1

Post by azemigh »

edited 'cause I'm not mad anymore.

:coffee3:
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I hated that I had to bow out of this one, but now I'm glad I did.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

When my dad dies last year a big part of me did too. No excuse why I haven't gotten these back to you yet. They are now on the table and I am swapping them. I have cards from:
Gwen G
Gwen J
Ruth Ann
Deb B.
Pam C
Christy B

Should I have more?
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I "get it", Luanne...took me a long time to recover from losing both of my parents in 1 1/2 years...both difficult deaths on their part...and me principal caretaker and decision maker...I really "get it".....We are hoping that as you recover, you will come back to us...get a little inky and painty...and start doing again what you KNOW you love...ART!!!
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

I probably won't be around much, but i wanted to tie up all loose ends. I am sending back everything I have to everyone, which includes stamps and misc. boxes of supplies. It's going to take a while to find everything because my 'studio has never resurfaced and supplies are in several boxes in storage, but I'm not one to shirk off duties. I have felt terrible every day I have not swapped the cards, honestly I have, but my husband put all my things in boxes and put them 'somewhere' he couldn't remember. I thought he threw them away and didn't have the balls to tell you. Putting away Christmas I came across a few envelopes and realized I had found the missing cards!!! I have envelopes from the people I already listed. If you send me one, I will continue to look this afternoon and evening, now that I have an idea where they may be.

RA-you know where to find me, and thank you for understanding.

By the way, whoever decided to keep my altered book....pretty shitty of you, hope you feel guilty everytime you see it.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Luanne wrote:By the way, whoever decided to keep my altered book....pretty shitty of you, hope you feel guilty everytime you see it.

You know what? It's been a year since Luanne's last post, and I've sat with this on my chest for that long. The year is ending, and I'm just going to say it.

Luanne, you may never read this, but frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

You had the nerve to post in Oct. 2009 that you were swapping these out, and then again 3 months later that you had them, had found them, gave a flimsy excuse for why you hadn't found them before Jan., and then said that they were being swapped out and would be in the mail that week. That was last Jan. and none of these ladies have seen their swap items yet. Then you had the nerve to make the remark that you did about your book after you stuck it to the swap participants. Rachelle was kind enough to run it down for you, but I'm damned if I would have. I would have let it stay missing and called it karmic justice.

You used your father's death as an excuse for flaking out. Shame on you, Luanne, for using that good man's death as a reason for you being a complete and total flake. His death did not keep you from following Green Day all over the country like a star-struck kid just a few months later. Didn't bother to tell everyone on the forum that little fact, did you? The truth is that you were so busy dragging your children from pillar to post to follow a stupid rock group that you let everything else go. Between that and trips to Disney World, you couldn't spend 15 minutes taking care of your commitments. And that one summer wasn't enough - you did it again this past summer. Yes, we all saw the photos of your child onstage - how many times?? If the swap was being mailed to Disney World or Green Day, bet they would have got them, but not the people on this board who were so quick to offer to help you when you needed to purchase a new wheelchair for Emily - remember that? The items that everyone was purchasing from you? Just another thing you didn't follow through on.

You hurt people, Luanne, and even worse? You killed their trust in you and their respect for you.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Paula

Post by Paula »

Pam, what are you doing reading my mind? (Shame on you :lol: :lol: :lol:)
I have felt that way for a very long time, I just didn't spend my energy on it.
Can you find some peace with it now, that you have let it off your chest?
I hope you can. And I thank you for speaking out loud.
Sometimes it is just best to move on.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

:happy94: :happy94: :happy94:
Pam Cook #48