2018 February Card Challenge - Is It Spring Yet???

Laurie

Re: 2018 February Card Challenge - Is It Spring Yet???

Post by Laurie »

They are all so pretty. No spring here! On the coast it is cool damp and will rain all day!
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oooooh Pam! Very pretty cards. Smart idea using sparkly Thickers for the sentiments. So...Oxides for the background? Must know what you used for the pretty water color effect.

I worked last night on a springy stamp and hope to post it today. (Don’t care much about SB...it will be on in the background). It has felt like Spring here for the last few days. Wintering birds are gulping down my seed preparing for the big push to their distant nesting sites soon. It was 74 yesterday!
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Just cheap watercolors. I clear embossed the floral stamp. No matter how I try, I end up trying to “color” with the medium. I won’t quit my day job!
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Another spring-like card to add. This is one whole stamp by Taylored Expressions(with the exception to sentiment) that has been sitting untouched for a few months. I embossed it (on Bristol paper) in Altenew Rose Gold embossing powder and colored it with water color pencils. I discovered how much I like using the pencils and ended up spraying a puddle of water on a palette, dipping pencil directly into the puddle and then applying it to the image. Sometimes I wetted the area with a brush first to blend. Other times I didn’t bother at all. But I really enjoyed experimenting with this collection of pencils that I hadn’t used much. I found it so relaxing.

Previewing this post I had to laugh at how close the colors of my card are to the lid of my watercolor pencils! It was not visible at all while I colored the card. I use the lid for my paint pallet.
Attachments
0C0BD037-89A1-408A-B550-C86531DFFC5E.jpeg
0C0BD037-89A1-408A-B550-C86531DFFC5E.jpeg (149.53 KiB) Viewed 214 times
A2B4CDBB-4F5E-48E0-8EE5-B0AD3FD69EBA.jpeg
A2B4CDBB-4F5E-48E0-8EE5-B0AD3FD69EBA.jpeg (155.51 KiB) Viewed 214 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I signed up for the Watercolor for Cards class at Online Card Classes last year and then promptly forgot about it until I went to their website to see if anything new was coming up and saw it in my list of classes This is my first attempt at the negative watercoloring technique. I still find myself trying to color in the image, but it's not bad for a first try. I think it needs something more on the front. Either a sentiment or maybe a cutout of the waterlily colored more vibrantly.
Attachments
WaterLilliesNegSpace-001.jpg
WaterLilliesNegSpace-001.jpg (90.29 KiB) Viewed 212 times
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Pretty cards. Farley, your card is so much like the lid! Subliminal inspiration?

Rachelle- I’m with you. I should stamp an image about 20 times to see if I can train myself to stop coloring! Your card is very pretty though. I love the colors.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Another card using the same Taylored Expressions floral stamp as above. This time I used only two tombow markers. A magenta and a green plus a grey for the background. I wanted to see if I could vary the one color enough to look like several several shades of the magenta and green.

I used a double sided adhesive fun foam for the hello die cut and used Nuvo Sparkle Dust On it. I will use the dust again but I don’t recommend using the sticky fun foam. It was a royal pain despite it turning out alright. :roll:
Attachments
BBDBC79E-9219-47EB-BB0C-B6B62E055188.jpeg
BBDBC79E-9219-47EB-BB0C-B6B62E055188.jpeg (183.26 KiB) Viewed 183 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

paddlegal wrote:Another card using the same Taylored Expressions floral stamp as above. This time I used only two tombow markers. A magenta and a green plus a grey for the background. I wanted to see if I could vary the one color enough to look like several several shades of the magenta and green.

I used a double sided adhesive fun foam for the hello die cut and used Nuvo Sparkle Dust On it. I will use the dust again but I don’t recommend using the sticky fun foam. It was a royal pain despite it turning out alright. :roll:
So pretty - a very successful experiment with the markers!
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

beautiful
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

It really gives the stamp a completely different look, very pretty!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com