2017 June Card Sketch Challenge - 4th of July!

paddlegal

2017 June Card Sketch Challenge - 4th of July!

Post by paddlegal »

Attempting to plan ahead and not get caught on the last day of June rushing to make a few Independence Day cards I thought it would be fun for us to get a jump on them. Anything goes here. Traditional and non traditional colors, out of the ordinary themed shapes, fireworks, etc...whatever you think of that represents the 4th of July. BBQ, fireworks, patriotism, it's all good.

Have fun with this and surprise your family and friends with a card this July.

I made these just today at my craft group meeting using an old Theresa Collins 6X6 paper pad I've been wanting to use up. A little on the dull side color wise but I like the double sided patterns. I have more cards in the works that I'll post soon.

Looking forward to seeing your 4th of July ideas.
Attachments
IMG_2587.jpg
IMG_2587.jpg (126.6 KiB) Viewed 564 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Re: 2017 June Card Sketch Challenge - 4th of July!

Post by pamcook »

Great idea to get a jump start and I love your cards as always. I even know where my July 4 stuff is - and I can see it again when I walk in the room!
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Cool cards. I always love a patriotic theme. This was on my June agenda so I'll be sure to play this month.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

I made a few more cards yesterday while at my Wednesday craft group. This stamp is an ancient wood mount that I've had for probably 20 years and rarely used. The first card I used a fireworks embossing folder for the background and was colored with gel pens. The next two were done two different ways with Distress Oxides. I have no sentiment stamp so I just hand wrote one.
Attachments
IMG_2619.jpg
IMG_2619.jpg (136.75 KiB) Viewed 520 times
IMG_2620.jpg
IMG_2620.jpg (115.64 KiB) Viewed 520 times
IMG_2621.jpg
IMG_2621.jpg (117.13 KiB) Viewed 520 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Oh, those are really nice. I especially like the ones painted with the Oxide inks and your written greetings.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

How nice that a vintage stamp comes out to play. It's interesting to see your different effects, Farley.
Kathryn.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

What a great stamp! Isn't it wonderful how each card has it's own personality?
:clap:
Pam Cook #48
nancine

Post by nancine »

Love those Oxide inks! Fun cards, I have some vintage stamps in my collection that I can't get rid of.
This one kind of has the look of a D.O.T.S stamp... that was what CTMH was before they became CTMH.

I only have one 4th sentiment, but this makes me think I should drag out some alphabet stamps - would be easy to line up with Misti (or similar tool :lol: )
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

nancine wrote:Love those Oxide inks! Fun cards, I have some vintage stamps in my collection that I can't get rid of.
This one kind of has the look of a D.O.T.S stamp... that was what CTMH was before they became CTMH.

I only have one 4th sentiment, but this makes me think I should drag out some alphabet stamps - would be easy to line up with Misti (or similar tool :lol: )

Thanks everyone!

Marianne, I too prefer the 2 Oxide cards and in particular the "looser" one. I sprayed the embossed image first with water and then painted with the inks.

Nancy, I have several CTMH alpha stamps that I may use for this...i was just too impatient to wait until I got home to use them, LOL. I didn't know DOTS was the former CTMH...what did it stand for? I think some of my "vintage" look CTMH stamps may actually be old DOTS. I remember the style of those stamps and in my beginning years of stamping loved them.
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

paddlegal wrote:
nancine wrote:Love those Oxide inks! Fun cards, I have some vintage stamps in my collection that I can't get rid of.

Thanks everyone!

Marianne, I too prefer the 2 Oxide cards and in particular the "looser" one. I sprayed the embossed image first with water and then painted with the inks.

Nancy, I have several CTMH alpha stamps that I may use for this...i was just too impatient to wait until I got home to use them, LOL. I didn't know DOTS was the former CTMH...what did it stand for? I think some of my "vintage" look CTMH stamps may actually be old DOTS. I remember the style of those stamps and in my beginning years of stamping loved them.
I like the looser one, too, but they are both so well done.

I think D.O.T.S. stood for Dozens Of Terrific Stamps, or something like that. I started stamping and scrapping with their products in the mid 1990s. Long before I fell under the CS spell.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Here are mine. It feels good to use up some of these supplies. For me, cardmaking is one of the best ways to use up supplies that don't inspire me for scrapbooking any more. Better than the recycle bin, right? :lol:
IMG_2575.JPG
IMG_2575.JPG (144.71 KiB) Viewed 477 times
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Nice cards, Pam!

Do people actually send 4th of July cards?
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

mpizzazz wrote:Nice cards, Pam!

Do people actually send 4th of July cards?
I send them to my grandkids. I think I'll make some tags to have on hand in case we do anything for the holiday. We're never invited anywhere but we do try to get out to see fireworks. Which reminds me that I probably never did scrapbook those pictures from last year. I also try to bribe my kids into sending me July 4 pictures of the grandkids. Sometimes it works.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Yay Pam! Your cards are awesome and a terrific use of your non-scrapped papers. Great philosophy for those unused papers.

Marianne, I like sending July 4th cards because I love the red, white and blue combos. :lol: AND what it stands for as well. The grandkids, a few friends and my brother get them.
FARLEY in Sacramento
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

top left has heart made with molding paste
Attachments
DSC_0628.jpg
DSC_0628.jpg (34.48 KiB) Viewed 468 times
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois