April Tic-Tac-Toe (2017)

katymjo

Re: April Tic-Tac-Toe (2017)

Post by katymjo »

Farley, click Attachments above the first two examples.
Kathryn.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Monica wrote:
mpizzazz wrote:What makes these dies/folders "mixed media" different from a normal die or folder? Or is it just a name to attract mixed media people?
I think it's that none of them are a complete pattern, but more like a partial one. Like one might get by ripping a piece of patterned paper. I just like the look when using them.

And Rachelle, you are doing fabulous things with that die!
Thanks, Monica, that makes sense!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
nancine

Post by nancine »

Yes, what Jill said! Click the attachment, I had made it a PDF at work and apparently those don't show up her as an actual image.

Think of it as my April Fools joke :D :angel:
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

nancine wrote:Yes, what Jill said! Click the attachment, I had made it a PDF at work and apparently those don't show up her as an actual image.

Think of it as my April Fools joke :D :angel:

Thanks. I just either didn't notice "attachment" or didn't realize that was something clickable. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Skating in at the last minute. Multi-tasking as usual. I made these also for a NBUS challenge over at CS. I had never used the little pocket stamp from Tiny Treasures. I was challenged at this time to use it as an actual pocket, so I just kinda used it as texture.

This first card uses Dry Embossing, Monochromatic and Washi tape.
Attachments
April TicTacToe.jpg
April TicTacToe.jpg (211.78 KiB) Viewed 330 times
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

And this second one uses Patterned Paper (Poetic), Monochromatic and Leaves. I'm calling them leaves anyway. I think they are leaves. I finally broke down and bought the Oh So Succulent dies from SU. I had to have 'em. I know I will get a lot of use out of them. With this card, I have finally whittled Tilescapes down to one sheet of green cardstock which can easily be filed into my ROYGBIV paper rack. Yay!!!

I think this worked well for me. Focusing on one kit for the month, as much as possible. For May, I think I will attack National Parks. It will push me to scrap old photos from our early trips to various parks when we were into camping, etc. Wish me luck. It will segue well into the May 2017 kit which is called Adirondacks. Also outdoorsy.

Looking forward to the next Tic Tac Toe.
Attachments
April TicTacToe 2.jpg
April TicTacToe 2.jpg (190.73 KiB) Viewed 329 times
nancine

Post by nancine »

Excellent cards Jen! You did a great job coloring your succulents and that pocket from Tiny Treasures is just perfect on that card! A real oldie but goodie I'd say!

I'm working on May's challenge this weekend ;)
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

The pocket stamp really makes a good background texture for the flower.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com