20 Cards in 6 Hours

paddlegal

20 Cards in 6 Hours

Post by paddlegal »

Yesterday I got to enjoy back-to-back card classes given by Julie Ebersole. First was a His and Hers (though they were more Springtime type cards) and second was a Clean and Simple which most were but a few not so simple but yes clean cards.

All in all they were all fabulous cards giving me some fresh ideas for future card challenges for us.

I won't go into too many details on each one but the first one. This card was made with one of the Lawn Fawn die sets that makes the mobile "penny" card. The set contains 3 different sizes of rings to choose from plus makes a nice wide circular frame for other uses. So I did go for the set...$15 - I thought was reasonable. Also loved the "carton" die that made the next set of cards. That carton is designed to hold a gift card. Boohoo, it sold out before I could glom onto one. But I think I can duplicate it on my KNK. The box die is from Neat & Tangled.

That umbrella the bird is holding we made with two sizes of punches! Very clever of Julie.

So here comes a pile of cards but not all 20. My resizer didn't like my taking photos of 3 cards at a time so some are cut off a bit. Oh and was I wiped out afterwards? Haha, yes! But worth it and the fun time I had with friends.
Attachments
IMG_1837.JPG
IMG_1837.JPG (72.15 KiB) Viewed 457 times
IMG_1841.JPG
IMG_1841.JPG (58.38 KiB) Viewed 457 times
IMG_1843.JPG
IMG_1843.JPG (66 KiB) Viewed 457 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
paddlegal

Re: 20 Cards in 6 Hours

Post by paddlegal »

A few more.

We did a lot of heat embossing, use of Nuvo Crystal Drops (LOVE) and glossy accents as on the popsicle card. I really like the crab card but doubt how much I would use that stamp. I ended up with the flower vase, the bird with the envelope (of course) and that little speed boat for some nautical ideas.

That blue patterned border is deliberately shaded with two colors of blue. But it looks in the photo like I stamped it poorly. LOL
Attachments
IMG_1840.JPG
IMG_1840.JPG (65.98 KiB) Viewed 455 times
IMG_1839.JPG
IMG_1839.JPG (57.74 KiB) Viewed 455 times
IMG_1838.JPG
IMG_1838.JPG (63.47 KiB) Viewed 455 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Wow, those are all so cute!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

What a productive day, Farley. Your cards are all such fun. Plenty of good ideas!
Kathryn.
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Looks like a productive day. Cute cards.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Great selection Farley; I especially like your crabby card. And of course I love the bird holding the letter; may I ask who makes that stamp?
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

So cute! You all are so lucky to still have a LSS.
Pam Cook #48
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Keitha, I would think they are all from Julie Ebersole who taught the class. But I'm not really privy to the information.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pamcook wrote:So cute! You all are so lucky to still have a LSS.

Keitha and Pam, the store where Julie teaches is Paper Garden in Sacramento and focuses on stamping and cards. They also have a thriving business making handmade custom invitations and announcements. Interestingly this isn't a scrapbook store. No 12 X 12 paper, albums, etc. But their 8.5 X 11 card stock is excellent and in 100s of colors, prints and finishes sold in packs.

The cute little bird with the letter is made by Josephine Kimberling for Impress Cards and Crafts.

http://www.impresscardsandcrafts.com/56 ... -side.html

Julie never uses her own stamps and dies that she designs. They are sold exclusively through Ellen Hutson and therefore prevents her from using them in shops like Paper Garden since the proprietor would not be able to acquire those stamps and sell them after the class. People who take her classes usually follow her blog and Instagram and know to look for her wonderful stamps and dies on EH. But she is a great promoter for Impress Cards and Stamps (in Washington where she is from) and the stamps that are sold through them. Stephanie the owner of Paper Garden will have a load of the supplies that will be used in Julie's class in her store. That is one reason I always take Julie's classes on Friday when there's a chance of buying card supplies used in the classes. By the end of class on Friday the supplies are pretty much sold out. Julie teaches the same 2 classes Friday, Saturday and Sunday. She was joking with us yesterday saying we are her guinea pigs for her Friday shakedown classes. She is incredibly organized and really keeps the card making moving throughout the class. We are always in 2 partner teams sharing the making of one card which is given to us in a basket with all the necessary supplies, card sample and written instructions. So 20 is the maximum people she allows per class. It's amazing how well the class flows though it is really intense and fast paced. The Paper Garden store is really small and has no classroom. Sometimes they've used empty store fronts in the shopping center where they are located but the last 3 times I've taken a class it's been in the store with tables and people squeezed in on the sales floor! It's wild but it works.

Another thing I really like about the cards that Julie has us making is the variety of stamp and die makers she uses. It's not about just one company but many, introducing us to loads of different looks and stamps I often wouldn't be interested in until I see what she does with them. Good for the stamp business...bad for me. :lol:
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I sincerely apologize for poking my big mouth in when I so obviously knew nothing about the topic. Mea culpa.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

ScrappinJen wrote:I sincerely apologize for poking my big mouth in when I so obviously knew nothing about the topic. Mea culpa.

No worries Jen.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Thanks Farley for the info, and the explanation of how the classes work; I can almost see you in the store stamping away. There used to be an LSS in Toronto I took classes at - so sorry it's gone - and while they had a crop table at the back of the store, for the big classes they would set up tables all throughout the sales area and cram in as many students as the teacher could handle. Given the messy classes I took there with Donna Downey, Dina Wakley, Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, Nathalie Kalbach and Jen Starr, I'm kind of amazed that we never ruined any product for sale with mis-aimed sprays, paint splatters, etc.

I must try and get to Paper Garden sometime; I don't think we visited when I was in Sacramento.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Wow that is an All Star list of paper crafting instructors Keitha! Pity that shop is gone now.
FARLEY in Sacramento
clamscrapper

Post by clamscrapper »

Lovely, lovely!
Carol M (NC)

Check me out.
http://clamscrapperstudio.blogspot.com/

ImageImage
Monica

Post by Monica »

Cool cards, Farley! I may have to try catching a class or two at Impress, given that it's only a couple hours or so from me, depending on traffic. A summer class might be fun.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin