2016 Christmas Cards - April

Keitha

Re: 2016 Christmas Cards - April

Post by Keitha »

Debbie J wrote:You are reading my mind Miss Marianne! I just watched a video yesterday on making shaker cards for planners. I think this will be fun.
That sounds interesting Debbie - would you give us the link?
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

nancine wrote:Wonderful samples!
And I have a FUSE tool :lol:
I'm kind of thinking of making tags for this years Christmas. We recycle/reuse gift bags every year, but I always need new tags for them.
I don't make cards for Christmas, but I do like to make my own tags. Like you, we recycle gift bags and bows. I've also been known to grab my handmade tags that have been abandoned in the debris, to reuse next year ;) The recipients - aka my grandkids - often don't remember they've seen the tag before, LOL. Although perhaps if they see the same tag enough times it will feel like a tradition to get a gift from me bearing that tag!
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

I will make a couple of these but as I did in February, I need draw back on my Christmas cards and make some for other holidays. So you may see a Fourth of July shaker or two from me.
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Keitha wrote:
nancine wrote:Wonderful samples!
And I have a FUSE tool :lol:
I'm kind of thinking of making tags for this years Christmas. We recycle/reuse gift bags every year, but I always need new tags for them.
I don't make cards for Christmas, but I do like to make my own tags. Like you, we recycle gift bags and bows. I've also been known to grab my handmade tags that have been abandoned in the debris, to reuse next year ;) The recipients - aka my grandkids - often don't remember they've seen the tag before, LOL. Although perhaps if they see the same tag enough times it will feel like a tradition to get a gift from me bearing that tag!
We saved all the tags and would just pick one with the right names on it to reuse again and again. I'm sure I still have some that my Mom made a few decades ago.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Hope this works.

Wahoo! New video up on my YouTube channel! I go over all the different ways to make fun shaker items for your planners! I show you how to do them with AND without a fuse tool or sewing machine! So even if you don't own either of those tools, you can still make them! Easy peasy! Link to the video is below . ‪#‎yayforvideos‬ ‪#‎proudofmyself‬

http://youtu.be/EGIW5EIrkeI
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Debbie J wrote:Hope this works.
Wahoo! New video up on my YouTube channel! I go over all the different ways to make fun shaker items for your planners! I show you how to do them with AND without a fuse tool or sewing machine! So even if you don't own either of those tools, you can still make them! Easy peasy! Link to the video is below . ‪#‎yayforvideos‬ ‪#‎proudofmyself‬

http://youtu.be/EGIW5EIrkeI
Thanks Debbie. I'll admit I fast-forwarded through the video - 30 min. was too long to show what she was doing IMO - but the dashboards are certainly cute. Not sure I'd have thought of that for a planner.

Meant to also say, holy sequins, Batman! Boy she sure has a lot of them; 10 years from now will people be looking at their sequin stash and saying 'what was I thinking?'
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Thanks for posting that video, Deb. She covers everything you ever wanted to know about shaker boxes, etc.
Maybe she bought all those sequins to show everyone in the video and then was returning some of them. That was a lot of sequins!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

These gals make me a little crazy. I often watch videos of gals who have re-organized their stash. The total tonnage of what they own blows my little mind. One I watched last night had more sequins than Michaels. And I am not kidding you at all. I should find it again and link it. Cahrazzzeeeeee
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Wow, I think this is a first for me making 5 cards in one evening. Plus first time using a fuse tool on my own. I found an Echo Park 12x12 holiday PL sheet that I used for the backgrounds of the pockets and a matching sticker sheet. What luck! I have a lifetime supply of seed beads so I used them for the filler. I think I over filled a few. :lol:
Attachments
20160404_215533-640x329.jpg
20160404_215533-640x329.jpg (81.7 KiB) Viewed 273 times
20160404_215433-640x326.jpg
20160404_215433-640x326.jpg (75.61 KiB) Viewed 273 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
ScrappinJen

Post by ScrappinJen »

Excellent cards, Farley. You always go above and beyond the call. What a treat to receive these!!!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful cards Farley!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Really pretty cards, Farley!
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Those are wonderful. Farley. Great way to use up some stash Love the idea to use the beads. I didn't think of that and have a bag full of Christmas bead soup somewhere. :roll:
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Excellent job! I love the one with the puppy!
nancine

Post by nancine »

Those are so great Farley! Nice work, and good use of those seed beads!