Printing question?

Laurie

Printing question?

Post by Laurie »

Do you print your own pictures, or do you use Snapfish or another company?
Laurie
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina
Monica

Re: Printing question?

Post by Monica »

Personally, I mostly use Walgreens. I'm not going to fuss with resizing for each layout, or adjusting color to fit something... but that's just me. I get more inspired by bringing home a fat envelope of freshly printed photos than trying to decide what to scrap looking at the computer screen.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Well...I just printed Pam's Winter Challenge scrapbook page pictures from Snapfish. If you use the Snapfish app you get 100 free prints. You have to pay shipping. Here lately I use my phone to take most of my pictures. My camera has been packed up. I'll let you know how good the quality of the pics are.
North Carolina
Monica

Post by Monica »

Oh, most of what I've done the last few years is my phone as well. :lol: My sister takes her phone to Costco and uses their kiosk to upload and order prints.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I use snapfish or Walgreens. Found out the hard way that the snapfish app DOES NOT SAVE your photos. If you use them, save your photos to their web site!!

Now I have a new photo printer and I’ll use it from time to time. Twice I’ve re-printed prints at home when I’ve found that the prints I have were cropped badly. I love the convenience but you can’t beat the prices at places like Walgreens. Now, if they’re special photos, I use Persnickety Prints or MPix. Origrami is amazing as well. I love options!
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Monica wrote:Personally, I mostly use Walgreens. I'm not going to fuss with resizing for each layout, or adjusting color to fit something... but that's just me. I get more inspired by bringing home a fat envelope of freshly printed photos than trying to decide what to scrap looking at the computer screen.
Same. I went through a phase where I spent more time on the computer, trying to find exactly what I wanted to use, and getting the cropped just so before I got them printed, but that was so time consuming. I usually just wait until I have a lot to print, and then get a nice coupon from Walgreens. Pretty much any coupon that averages to 10c prints is what I'm going for. Granted, I do waste a lot of prints. But my time is so limited, I decided that faster printing and pick-up was my priority.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

I print my photos. I put all our photos in folders on the computer, then we "photoshop" the best ones, and delete the rest. Then when I want to make a few layouts I choose, resize, then try and get them to fit together on regular size pieces of photo paper.
Kathryn.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I use Snapfish for my bulk printing.... I keep an eye out for when they have sales like 100 penny prints... or 300 .... those are more cost-effective on the shipping cost.

If it's something I want "right now" then I use my Epson PictureMate printer.. and now I've got an HP Photo Quality Printer to try... for those times when I want a bigger print.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I almost always print my own photos. One reason is because I like to use sketches that include different sized photos, and printing at home allows me to print exactly the sizes I want. The exception is if I'm putting together an album where the majority of photos will be in photo pockets sandwiched between just a few layouts, and in that case I send out for my 4x6 and 3x4 prints. My service of choice is Persnickety Prints who have great quality and customer service. Being in Canada, shipping is never free to me from the various printing services so that's not a factor in my decision.
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Keitha wrote:I almost always print my own photos. One reason is because I like to use sketches that include different sized photos, and printing at home allows me to print exactly the sizes I want. The exception is if I'm putting together an album where the majority of photos will be in photo pockets sandwiched between just a few layouts, and in that case I send out for my 4x6 and 3x4 prints. My service of choice is Persnickety Prints who have great quality and customer service. Being in Canada, shipping is never free to me from the various printing services so that's not a factor in my decision.
Keitha, what type of photo printer do you have?
North Carolina
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I actually have two, both Epson printers. I love, love my wireless Epson PictureMate PM-400, which prints up to 5x7 photos. The paper comes in 4x6 or 5x7 sizes, and I can print several smaller photos on one sheet. For convenience they sell a combo pack of ink and paper although you can also buy them separately (1 multi-ink cartridge). For photos larger than 5x7 I have an older Epson all-in-one; it's not billed as a photo printer (Epson Stylus NX330) but I'm happy with the prints I get using Epson paper and ink. If I replace it, it will be to get a wide-format printer so I can print larger than 8.5x11. I typically edit/print on my computer using Photoshop Elements.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

That Epson that prints 5x7 might be a good thing for me to ask for this Christmas. Epson makes work horses of printers... my PictureMate just keeps on printing and printing. I lost the first one in the flooding with Irene... and bought a used one on eBay right away... and it keeps printing and printing... I know eventually it'll die and I'll be super sad!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

My PictureMate is probably 10 years old and still going strong. I know I need to replace it, but hate to do so until it dies. The one that does 5 x 7 is looking good to me. I still also have the big Epson that can print 17 wide photos. Unfortunately the ink is expensive so I don't use it as much as I should, and it has never given me a purple that I like. It has some age on it now, and the technology is much better than when it was purchased. Epson ink now gives gorgeous purples, but like the other one, it has to die first. :cry:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com