Winter Weather challenge

Keitha

Re: Winter Weather challenge

Post by Keitha »

Lovely page Kathryn, the poem is perfect. If this is meant to be a January challenge I'll be late; I have no scrap-worthy photos from this winter yet. But I can assure you winter is far from over here.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha wrote:Lovely page Kathryn, the poem is perfect. If this is meant to be a January challenge I'll be late; I have no scrap-worthy photos from this winter yet. But I can assure you winter is far from over here.
Am I supposed to impose a deadline? Rats. How about the end of February?
Pam Cook #48
azemigh

Post by azemigh »

I love that poem and the layout with it. May have to borrow that verse sometime.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Kathryn what a stunning layout. That yellow really is eye catching.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Thankyou friends, we have had some bright sunny days too :P Looking forward to seeing your winter layouts.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Mine! (Loving my new photo printer!)
Not the layout I intended but I love these two pictures. They’re not printed in black & white - isn't it cool how it appears that way?.
7E7EDAB6-7331-43E4-8870-6E56AC7BB3E7.jpeg
7E7EDAB6-7331-43E4-8870-6E56AC7BB3E7.jpeg (235.26 KiB) Viewed 298 times
Pam Cook #48
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Very cool, Pam :P. The mint and cranberry papers and embellishments are perfect with your monochromatic photos. Love your layout!
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Simply wonderful layouts Kathryn and Pam. Very different feel to both.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Kathryn and Pam - I love both of these layouts. They're definitely two very different representations of winter. And Pam - I thought your photos were B&W at first too! They look really sharp against the colored background of the layout.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Both of these takes on winter are wonderful. I actually printed some photos last night and then spent 2 hours rejecting every piece of paper I pulled out. :wtf:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pbp908 wrote:Both of these takes on winter are wonderful. I actually printed some photos last night and then spent 2 hours rejecting every piece of paper I pulled out. :wtf:
I started with a pale blue and kraft. You can see how that worked out. I love working with snow photos - first because I almost never have many and second because the color combinations I can generally use is so varied. The photos I started to do had my grandkids in them withGREEN, navy, and ivory coats. That a challenge that will be!
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Kathryn, you showcased that photo perfectly - beautiful page!

Pam, you also have made a beautiful page. The papers you chose are perfect with those photos.

We haven't had much snow yet this season - not good because we need the moisture (we've actually had high fire danger warnings this week because of the wind and the lack of moisture) and we've had a lot of beautiful 50 -60 degree days. It's been a very odd winter so far, but it is far from over and I'm sure we'll be dumped on one of these days.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

great page Kathryn
love the poem
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

The trees look so pretty Pam
great page
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

pbp908 wrote:Both of these takes on winter are wonderful. I actually printed some photos last night and then spent 2 hours rejecting every piece of paper I pulled out. :wtf:
So I'm not the only one? :lol: I have a ton of instances where photos literally sat for YEARS because every time I tried to pull paper, nothing worked. And I refuse to buy more just for a specific layout. So the photos go back to the bottom of the pile.

For winter, my issue is lack of photos though. I actually have quite a few empty layouts with winter themed embellishments just waiting for photos. I suppose I could take pictures of some other stuff - like the garage door when it gets stuck half-way up, or my car covered in salt or my tires that can't seem to stay pressurized. And then there's the deck door that sticks, and the downstairs door I have stuffed with paper towels because it's in desperate need of weather stripping.

OK... I think I'm convinced that I've figure out my winter challenge approach. HAHAHA!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO